Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where has this guy gone?

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: USA Jazz Special
    Rig: ENGL

Where has this guy gone?

PaW randomly kicked in on my HD a while ago. Then Blue Powder came on. I forgot how amazing this tune is. What happened to this Vai? So fucking perfect.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3KjHpB72hA]Steve Vai - Blue powder - YouTube[/VIDEO]
    The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No.” ― Alan Moore

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|Überschall

Maybe he actually lost the dual with the devil.

ME: Decibel Javelin
    MA: Ibanez AJ307CE
    MB: Fretless Precision mutt
    Rig: Mesa F-30

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUQfvbBRnZs]Steve Vai - Boston Rain Melody - YouTube[/VIDEO]

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

I think he's said that the overall business of being Steve Vai: Solo Artist has left him with less time to practice guitar.

I'm not entirely enamored with his last two studio albums, but I like that he has tried to break out from just being a shredder. I wish he'd go weirder and get into the full Zappa territory that I know he's capable of doing.

ME: Jackson DKMGT
    MA: Martin GPCPA5K
    Rig: Mindy the Framus Dragon

The sounds at 0:43 in the OP always make me laugh.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Vai ought to pull an EJ; find himself a cabin in the woods, take along a 4 track recorder, and emerge months later with Cliffs of Vai.

...And, maybe a damn beard.

ME: CU24
    MA: Baby Taylor
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Hartke HyDrive 210/Mk IVa

Carvin gave him a full X100b stack to record something for them to demo the X100B for a GuitarPlayer magazine plastic 45 single back in the day and Blue Powder was what he gave them. That was pretty soon after he arrived at Zappa's house, so it is a very early tune. Might have been his first 'free' stuff from a big company. He talks about it in one of his 'Carvin channel" videos
    "Let us be kind one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle”" Ian McLaren

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

I remember "The Attitude Song" on one of those GP sound pages (first I ever heard of Vai), but I don't remember "Blue Powder."

Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  Decibel Guitars  NumbSkull Audio Production

VigLink badge