Jeff Loomis joins Arch Enemy...

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Loomis joins Arch Enemy...

Jeff Loomis joins Arch Enemy...

Did not see this coming! Congrats to both Arch and Jeff!

ARCH ENEMY welcomes Jeff Loomis as their new guitarist!

Metal icons ARCH ENEMY are proud to announce that guitar legend Jeff Loomis (ex-Nevermore) will be joining their ranks for their upcoming European tour which kicks off November 26, as well as all future tours in 2015.

Jeff Loomis states:

”I'm very excited to be playing with Arch Enemy. Michael Amott and I have stayed in contact over the years since we toured together when I was playing in Nevermore. Not only do I admire his guitar playing and songwriting, but I also consider him a close friend. To be able to share the stage with Michael, Sharlee, Daniel and Alissa is something I'm really looking forward to. 2015 is going to be a great year... See you all on tour!”

After a great year of intensive touring in support of their critically acclaimed album, War Eternal, Arch Enemy are parting ways with guitarist Nick Cordle who states: "With War Eternal I believe we wrote an album together which will stand the test of time, and I wish them well for the future."

USA fans will be able to catch a special reunion as Christopher Amott (the brother of ARCH ENEMY founder/bandleader Michael Amott) has joined the band for the remainder of their American headlining tour.

Michael Amott (guitars) comments: ”We all wish Nick the very best in his new endeavors and we are sure that you will hear much more from him. We're also super grateful to my brother Christopher for stepping in to finish the current American tour!”

”The prospect of working with Jeff Loomis moving forward is truly awesome! Jeff Loomis is one of the best guitar players in the metal world in my opinion, as well as being a long time friend. I look forward to tearing it up on stages around the world together as we continue on the War Eternal' touring cycle throughout all next year and beyond!"

ME: Legra Customs
    MA: Victor Garcia
    MB: Legra Spyder
    Rig: Pittbull CL/Triple Rec

Well, fuck.

I might listen to arch enemy again.

ME: Jackson DKMGT
    MA: Martin GPCPA5K
    Rig: Mindy the Framus Dragon

I'm hoping this means that Arch Enemy will suck a bit less, but what I'm really expecting is the boring songs I'm used to hearing from them with Loomis' shred here and there.

I used to love their older material, but this doesn't have me excited at all unless the quality of music goes up pretty significantly.

ME: Ibanez ARZ307FM
    Rig: Peavey 5150 II

Not to be a hater, but man, what is it with metal bands lately and doing things that would have been awesome 10-15 years ago?

See also: the Opeth/In Flames tour.

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's

Well fuck.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Well, I'm usually not one for just 'mashing a bunch of cool shit together and hoping for something interesting' but, honestly, I'd pay to watch Alyssa White-Gluz run around the stage in a push-up bra for an hour with Loomis noodling around in the background.
    Argbadh - RHLCİ

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

No shit, good for Jeff.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe