I've become increasingly out of touch with what's going on in the world of music right now- partially through my own low expectations leading me to stay within my comfort zone, as well as the pain associated with getting out of my own comfort zone to try something new.
So, I've decided to set up a challenge for myself. Every day for 14 days, I will listen to an album- beginning to end- that I haven't heard before, from a pre-compiled list of 14 albums. The content of this list will be determined entirely by your input. It doesn't have to be something you think I might like or a new release; the only criterion is that I haven't heard the album before- so have at it. I'll give it a few days, then put the final list in this post and get right to it.
Bring it on.
01. Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life (playstopause)
02. Beethoven - Symphony No. 9 (Wilhelm Furtwaengler/Berlin Philharmonic 1942) (jacksonplayer)
03. Murder by Death - Who Will Survive, and What Will Be Left of Them? (Josh)
04. Tom Waits - Rain Dogs (Drew)
05. Sasha and Digweed - Northern Exposure 2, East Coast Edition (jaxadam)
06. Throes of Dawn - The Great Fleet of Echoes (Markus)
07. Pallbearer - Foundations of Burden (guatemalan_taco)
08. Deathspell Omega - Paracletus (7 Strings of Hate, Hulk Krogan)
09. Diablo Swing Orchestra - Sing Along Songs For The Damned And Delirious (cadenhead)
10. Negura Bunget - OM (Nyarlath, Hulk Krogan)
11. Hiromi Uehara - Move (Cassidy, jim777)
12. Miles Davis - Bitches Brew (Matt C)
13. John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (Matt C, Metal Ken)
14. Marillion - Misplaced Childhood (Mike, Matt C)
Death - Human