Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Finally - Manson is coming to town

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Reverend 7 Strings of Hate 
#1 ·
Now, before you flame me for being a Marilyn Manson fan, I should tell you... okay, I'm a Marilyn Manson fan. Shit, that didn't work out.

I have no excuse. Thank you, sir, may I have another.

Moving on. Manson is coming to Tulsa... and I'm going to be the 50-yr-old idiot in the pit. That is, unless my wife goes with me and then we'll buy seats. I can't afford to go to jail for laying out some penis-hole who throws an elbow to my Mrs.

I've heard his vocals are not what they were the last time I saw him, etc... still, I'm looking forward to it. I wish John 5 was still with him.

#6 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

jaxadam said:
Wirelessly posted

I've never been a fan, but I had a buddy go see them something like 15 years ago and he said they fucking ripped the place apart.
This. A buddy was guest listed, so I saw them on Antichrist Superstar, and they were one of the most intense shows I've ever seen.

#7 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

This. A buddy was guest listed, so I saw them on Antichrist Superstar, and they were one of the most intense shows I've ever seen.
I saw them on that tour too, as part of a huge festival show in Boston. It was outdoors at Gillette, where the Patriots play, and they went on after Aerosmith. It started raining as soon as he took the stage, and thunder/lightning came up halfway through his set. They didn't stop the show, and it was one of the most fucking metal things I've ever witnessed.

I'm not a fan of his new stuff but holy shit was his whole band a machine on that tour. Absolutely incredible performance, close to Alice Cooper in terms of showmanship and spot on playing despite the weather.

#10 ·
I saw them almost 2 years ago opening for Alice Cooper and it was awesome. Lots of visuals and stuff going on throughout the show. His new albums are terrible, but the show was a good collection of all the hits. I think they may have been using pre-recorded tracks live, but I don't know and didn't care.

#12 · (Edited)
I saw him about 9 years ago at Ozzfest with Korn, Disturbed, Chevelle, etc. Shadows Fall were on the other stage, they ate face, man. It was my youngest daughter's (15 at the time) first concert.

On a side note, I had a pony tail (a respectable one, not one of those yuppie pig-tails) and no hat at an outdoor festival. I burned the top of my head so bad that... well, it was gross for weeks.

Manson was dead on. His crew was tight, his vocals were as good as I've ever heard them. The show was great.

He's older now, and I'm going because I dig the music and the show. I'm not expecting perfection.

Saying that, I actually like Pale Emperor. I think it's his best album since Holy Wood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.