Here it is, my rearrangement of the atrociously overlong The Red And The Black
From a whopping 13+ minutes down to a tolerable 6:15!
1. I cut out the bass intro which does nothing to the song anyway.
2. Shortened the intro riff quite a bit, also changing place on some drum fills
3. If it was possible, I would have muted the melody guitar during the verse...
4. Shortened the "non-wooooo" part after first verse part.
5. Reused the "non-wooo" part, because the choirs are unneccesary at this point.
6. Shortened the "bridge" thingy A LOT, and cut out another fucking "wooooo" part...
7. Shortened the next part (which is GREAT, but too fucking long)
8. The next melodic part and solos is also great, so I kept most of it.
9. Sorry Janick and Dave, I love you guys, but that solo section is OUT OF PLACE.
10. Next part feels "too little" so I removed.
11. That blues solo just had to go. Seriously.
12. The otherwise AWESOME triplet parts are repeated twice... Completely unnecessary.
13. Deleted most stuff here.
14. Actually, another verse works pretty well, because just getting into the "chorus" was too sudden...
15. Behold!!! NOW is the time for WOOOOOWOOOOWOOO!!!
16. Deleted that bass outro as well.
On top of this list, I actually added some guitar harmonies
Still not perfect, but almost HALF the length, and much more tolarable.
Honestly, some of the parts in this song, is some of the best Maiden has ever written,
but the arrengement makes it IMPOSSIBLE for me to actually enjoy it as it is originally.