Abbath last night...

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: Abbath last night...

ME: Les Paul Standard
    MA: Yamaha 6er/Tacoma 12
    MB: Peavey
    Rig: Blackstar Stage 60

Abbath last night...

Went to the Abbath album launch show in London last night. Wasn't ultra-fussed about the first two bands, but they both played decent enough sets. After that, Primordial played a freaking awesome set. They've got to be one of the most consistent live bands in extreme metal at the moment.

Then onto the headliner...

Sad to say Abbath completely bombed after all that build up. The mix was absolutely horrendous, to the extent you could only hear drums for most of it. Abbath himself seemed completely out of it throughout the whole thing and couldn't really be understood between songs. Most depressing of all, his guitar repeatedly cut out during several songs and no-one appeared to make any effort to fix it. I can't clarify, as I was at the back of the room, but someone who was apparently at the front posted on Facebook this morning that he'd pulled the lead out of his guitar and didn't notice until the bass player tapped him on the shoulder.

Suffice to say, the band are being absolutely crucified online at the moment. The sad part is, the new album is actually really good. Unfortunately, they're really going to have to up their game for future shows, as last night was pretty much the worst showing I've ever seen from a headlining metal band.
    "The greatest power one may possess -- in any situation -- is simply not to care what happens.

"In fact, it's the only power, all others being a semblance and mockery of it. But you must also not care about possessing the power itself. So fuck it."

Thomas Ligotti

ME: Warmoth Superstrat

The live mix isn't really a bands fault in any case, unless it's the actual band members doing the mix with some ipad technology on the fly