I love this Trivium song

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I love this Trivium song

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rectifier

I love this Trivium song

Maybe 2 other guys on this site like this band, but this is just awesome. Heafy's vocals are just great on this one and it has a classic metal vibe to it, for me.

I dig

Trivium are my fave band of all time...Shogun is the main reason I bought my 7 string - so I Could learn all the songs.

ME: ESP Ltd EC401 FR w/J
    Rig: Bugera 333XL

this is bad......even for Trivium

ME: Suhr, Warmoth, rg550
    Rig: Mark V:25 & Mark II

Wirelessly posted

I love trivium for shogun. I'm not a fan of anything else. How they managed to put out a Cd as fanatic as shogun, and then be so bland comparatively is beyond me. Crap, that Cd was so good.

ME: Suhr, Warmoth, rg550
    Rig: Mark V:25 & Mark II

Oh woops, this isn't off of shogun. I posted that on the wap site. I haven't heard this one. I'll listen.

Bugera Trirec Infinium 100W 3-Channel Valve Amp Heads

ME: Gibson Les Paul
    MA: Guild
    MB: Custom Teak & Walnut
    Rig: Marshall JCM 800

I don't know if i would call myself a fan or not, but my girlfriend bought me both his six and seven string signature Epiphone Les Pauls last year, unfortunately they are both signed, the seven string by just Matt Heafy, the six string is signed by everyone in Trivium Matt Heafy, Paul Wandtke, Paolo Gregoletto, and Corey Beaulieu. So as you can imagine I'm scared to look at the damn things let alone touch them, and of course they have signed them over the finish, and there is no lacquer or any other form of finish or protection ontop of the autographs to protect them, I really hate that about autographed guitars.

What gets me though is Matt Heafy makes this huge deal about not just getting a seven strig guitar made for him as his signature guuitar, but a seven string Les Paul none the less, and the guy barely uses it, you can count on one hand the number of tracks he has written or plays that requires a seven string. And don't get me started on the weight of the thing, it weigh more, and I mean a lot more than every double neck guitar I have, it weighs about twice if not more than my R0's, the damn thin excerts it's own field of gravity. But it does have a really nice necvk joint on it.
    Last edited by MajorTom; 02-14-2016 at 03:46 PM.

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

I liked trivium when "pull harder on the strings of your martyr" was released and then proceeded not to follow up. I keep getting told that Shogun is a great record, but I haven't listened to it.
    Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD): www.sparrows613.com

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: USA Jazz Special
    Rig: ENGL

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No. ― Alan Moore