Saw Steel Panther tonight!

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw Steel Panther tonight!

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

Saw Steel Panther tonight!

At one point I felt a tear roll down my cheek....and that's when I realized that I hadn't stop laughing for the first 15 minutes they were onstage. The vocals are 90% on tape, at least tonight they were....but the comedy shit they throw in the set, it's just non-stop. Satchel can fucking rip, dude didn't hit a sour note all night. Got a bunch of chicks onstage for "17 Girls In A Row" and most of them got their tits out.

What really blew me away, and the band as well, was how much the audience knew the songs. The audience was getting just as loud as the band's vox at times and when they started "Community Property" they stood onstage for a second dumbfounded while the audience sang the chorus, really fucking loudly. That was probably the closest they got to breaking character, because they were quite was I.

Definitely go see these guys if you get the chance....the entire set is a fucking riot. I also quite dug Satchel's tone. I didn't see any amps onstage and I know they just did a cruise, so he probably just had some kind of small rack rig, but I was pretty impressed, it wasn't just a loud, distorted guitar.

ME: Les Paul Standard
    Rig: Randall RD45

I'd love to see them live. Satchel cracks me up, but dayam he can play his ass off. I'm sure it was a hoot.
    "You can't fix Stupid!"

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

MA: Alvarez FDT243C
    MB: Spector Euro4LXStarr
    Rig: 6505+ / SVT-II Pro

ugh they played here late last year on a weeknight :/ and I get up at 5am'ish. Guess i'll bite the bullet next time

ME: Gibson SG
    MB: Spector Euro
    Rig: Ampeg V4B

Think I read not long ago that Satchel switched over to Atomic Amplifires... I still want to go see them. One of these days!
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -- Benjamin Franklin

ME: '89 Jackson RR1 Cust
    Rig: TriAxis/G-Force/2:90 Rack

They are amazing!! Seen them a few times now. It's a comedy show with live music really. I'll always hit them when they come to town. They usually come around Xmas time, which makes for good outfits on the girls that get on stage, if you get my meaning

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

And while I'm sure they've got a ton of things they say regularly or have been using onstage for years, I think a lot of their banter, live or on in their YouTube vids or interviews, etc, is improvised, which I LOVE.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

You haven't been to a live show until Satchel's mimicked jacking off on you or your girlfriend.
    Argbadh - RHLCİ