Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Andy Timmons meets Jonatha Bastos (Brasil)

3K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  Elysian 
#1 ·
Saw this on Andy Timmons wall at FB while on he was on a Clinic in Brasil. He posted this text and the following video:

I met Jonatha the day before this jam occurred at the Music Expo in Sao Paulo, Brazil. He was introduced to me as a fellow guitarist and I was immediately struck by two things: His incredibly bright light of a disposition and the fact that he was born without arms. When I returned to the hotel after our meeting I immediately looked him up on Youtube and was completely blown away. Tone, control, musicality, vibrato...very musical. I was instantly in tears realizing the obstacles that this amazing musician has to overcome everyday to achieve the wonderful goal of making beautiful music. Let us all be inspired by his wonderful example. Thanks Jonatha!!! Play on brother!!!
Please share this video if the spirit moves you.

I had to share it here as well.

#2 ·
The tone is in his toes!

#6 ·
I caught this vid last night and got a bit choked up when watching Andy's reactions. I saw Jonatha a few months back on another viral vid and got teary eyed at that one, too! I was actually bitching at the time that I don't have proper studio monitors and that these Bose speakers I'm using to get basic mixes with are a pain in the ass....then I saw this vid and shut my bitch mouth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.