Any of you Boston boys going to Metallica in May?

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any of you Boston boys going to Metallica in May?

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

Any of you Boston boys going to Metallica in May?

We just grabbed our tickets, I'll be flying up there just for the show. I really wish Gojira were opening this date and not Volbeat, but whatever....it'll be drinking time. I'm an admitted A7X fan so I'm stoked they'll be there, as well. Can't wait to see the stage sets for these shows!

My buddy works A/V at Gillette, he got a work order a couple weeks back for the ballroom and then his boss told him it was for Metallica. A few times in the past, he's "hired" me as a freelancer to go in and help out when something cool was going on at a hotel or something, so after the show he's going to scope out the situation and see if it's worth checking out.
    "It's ONE WHOLE MILLIMETER"

I was thinking about it, but $100 for Metallica doing mostly new stuff with some of the hits just isn't really a priority. It also happens to be that there's a Cryptopsy/Decrepit Birth/Rivers of Nihil show happening that same day that'll melt faces, so I'm gonna try to hit that.

ME: EBMM JP6 / JP7
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

Not me. I don't like anything they've done since AJFA, and probably won't even recognize more than half of their setlist.

ME: LTD Deluxe EC-1000
    Rig: Roland Cube 60x

$100 is for nosebleeds. My fanclub ticket for the Seattle show is $180 including taxes. I am in Row T so about 16 rows up and 3 sections from the stage. I will have a really good view. I have to piss all the damn time (since I drink like a 1.5gallons of water a day) so I didn't want to risk pissing myself in the Pit

Can't Wait! I was lucky enough to attend night #1 of the 30th Anniversary shows and nothing will top that, but I am glad I get to see them on tour again!

ME: LTD Deluxe EC-1000
    Rig: Roland Cube 60x

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Not me. I don't like anything they've done since AJFA, and probably won't even recognize more than half of their setlist.
    If you see more than one show on tour, the setlist is nearly identical. They only switch up about 2-3 songs each night. And even then, the songs they swap out end up being from the same album. Their vast catalog and they basically ignore everything from the Load/Reload/St.Anger albums. I personally started liking them on the Reload album. That was my first Metallica album

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

Our tickets were $155 and we're on the first level of the stadium, 37 rows from the ground, not terrible if they'll be playing in the round.

When I saw them on the DM tour, I had such a great time. I didn't know much of anything from that album but they played enough older shit that I didn't care. The energy from the crowd was just nuts and I couldn't shake the feeling that I was seeing one of the last HUGE bands on the planet. I'm glad I'm going to catch them again.

ME: ESP Maverick
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Orange

To this...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ... I'd reply this :

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post

When I saw them on the DM tour, I had such a great time. I didn't know much of anything from that album but they played enough older shit that I didn't care. The energy from the crowd was just nuts and I couldn't shake the feeling that I was seeing one of the last HUGE bands on the planet. I'm glad I'm going to catch them again.
    Exactly the same experience for me.

That beeing said, i'm not happy about this tour.

Saw them outside 2 years ago and I would have prefered an arena show. Plus, I hate the openers. At that price, it's a nope.
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club

I hate the openers.
    This too.

I know a majority of people shit on Volbeat, but I'm lukewarm on them as a band, but A7X and them together before Metallica at now $155/ticket? Fuck nah.