ESP response to Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park) - Page 2

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ESP response to Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park)

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: USA Jazz Special
    Rig: ENGL

duh na duh da duh duh Mike Shinoda!!!!
    The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No.” ― Alan Moore

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Didn't care about Linkin Park then, don't care now.

ESP just scored major points in my book, though.

ME: Jackson DXMG
    MA: ibanez
    Rig: Jam Up/Bias

linkin park is just trying to copy bands like Bring Me The Horizon. Must really suck to know you're nobody anymore, then trying to copy a band that is doing well. hags
    There is no Dana….Only XUL

ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

I dont understand why people give a damn what an artist wears. Seems kind of close minded to judge a musician on their clothes and not their music. I don't think technical skill correlates directly to compositional skill in a lot of players. I can barely play in time with my own music but creating songs is way ahead of my playing skill. Personally the only solos I could listen to over and over again are from Nevermore's This Godless Endeavor.

ME: ESP Sexy Finger
    MB: ESP Horizon 5
    Rig: Randall V2

I was really confused when this showed up on my facebook and I'm still confused. I guess people like to name drop brands for no reason? lol okay

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    Pretty sure that cretinous cunt who wears the ear defenders played them originally.
    Nah, they were always most PRS, with the occasional Ibanez for B-tuned stuff, and later some Strats. Just makes his comments even more stupid.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    Pretty sure that cretinous cunt who wears the ear defenders played them originally.

This thread's just brought up an entire new hatred for this band. I grew up during the nu metal period, it was aimed directly at me, but I wore a patched denim jacket and listened to thrash like the true high school fucking loser I was. However... A lot of my friends listened to all the 'in' bands at the time and I didn't mind a lot of it. But when someone showed me these fucks (I was in college by this point I'm pretty sure, 2000-2001) I fucking raged so hard. Especially the guitarist. Man, I've never hated a musician so much. The baggy trousers, the faux need for ear defenders, the shitty attitude he had towards "flashy" guitar playing (read an interview with him and he laid into guitar solos, said all that flashy stuff is "boring") I could've kicked a hole through time and fucking space. I hate their vocalists, I hate their style, I hate their riffs, I hate how they look... Never heard a single song or even riff of theirs that I've liked, and I'm a pretty open minded dude when it comes to metal. So I don't just hate them because I've lumped them in with all the other nu metal acts, because as I said, some of it was cool... They're just flat out objectively terrible and it boggles my mind how they got so huge.

Anyway.. what was the question?
    I think it was, "Tell us how you really feel?"

And, that garbage album of theirs at that time sold about 27 million copies...