ESP response to Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park) - Page 3

   Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 43

Thread: ESP response to Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park)

  1. #17


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Glasgow - Scotland
    ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: VHT Pittbull + Axe FX II

    iTrader: 3 (100%)

    I saw it on Facebook and enjoyed esp's comments. I never got why this band got so popular. I liked my fair share of nu metal but always thought they were garbage. All my school friends fucking loved them.

  2. #18


    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Earth
    ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

    iTrader: 10 (100%)

    I really liked their first album at the time. I thought it brought some fresh air to the "metal" sound at the time. However, everything they've done since has seemed like a watered down a derivative version of the first album. I guess the lightning in the bottle they caught with the first one was not repeatable.

  3. #19


    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Louisiana
    ME: Jackson DK27/DKMG
    MB: Yamaha RBX775
    Rig: Randall V2/Mesa OS 412

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt C View Post
    I really liked their first album at the time. I thought it brought some fresh air to the "metal" sound at the time. However, everything they've done since has seemed like a watered down a derivative version of the first album. I guess the lightning in the bottle they caught with the first one was not repeatable.
    That's what their 2nd album was.

    Their subsequent albums was them trying to ride on whatever genre was big at the time.

  4. #20


    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: MA/NH Border

    iTrader: 1 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt C View Post
    I really liked their first album at the time. I thought it brought some fresh air to the "metal" sound at the time. However, everything they've done since has seemed like a watered down a derivative version of the first album. I guess the lightning in the bottle they caught with the first one was not repeatable.
    That's what their 2nd album was.

    Their subsequent albums was them trying to ride on whatever genre was big at the time.
    Seriously, their first album is meh, but Meteora? That's an album I still love to this day, and I dont think its really aged at all.

  5. #21


    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Louisiana
    ME: Jackson DK27/DKMG
    MB: Yamaha RBX775
    Rig: Randall V2/Mesa OS 412

    iTrader: 0

    I'm still guilty of liking the first 2 albums as well. Really huge guilty pleasures of mine, even though Crawling and Numb make me want to shoot myself every time I hear them.

  6. #22


    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Earth
    ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

    iTrader: 10 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Seriously, their first album is meh, but Meteora? That's an album I still love to this day, and I dont think its really aged at all.
    I thought Meteora was the first album. Oops!

  7. #23


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
    ME: Charvel SoCal Custom
    MB: Spector NS2000Q4
    Rig: Dual Rectifier (Reborn)

    iTrader: 3 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I think it was, "Tell us how you really feel?"

    And, that garbage album of theirs at that time sold about 27 million copies...
    Oh it did? Well fuck me, after all this time, I thought I had an opinion about it, but turns out I couldn't have done because it was commercially successful! Don't I just feel like a prize donkey.
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

  8. #24


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Helsinki, Finland
    ME: Ibanez S540LTD/RG760
    MA: Seagull S6
    Rig: Peavey 6505+

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I think it was, "Tell us how you really feel?"

    And, that garbage album of theirs at that time sold about 27 million copies...
    Justin Bieber has sold over 100 million albums.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Similar Threads

  1. Linkin Park new cd coming out June 26
    By Jsb515 in forum General Music Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 02:22 PM
  2. What is this that stands before me? (Linkin Park content)
    By Soopahmahn in forum General Music Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 08:57 AM
  3. The New Linkin Park Sucks
    By Aaron in forum General Music Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 09:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 09:10 PM
  5. Linkin Park - Phoenix, Bass
    By Metal-Bot in forum Metal News Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 06:50 AM

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  Decibel Guitars  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge