Need some help with a reverb transaction - Page 2

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help with a reverb transaction

ME: EBMM JP6
    Rig: Unholy Trinity/5153

think the deal is going to go through using Affirm through

learned a lot

Canadian app for reverb doesn't allow for setting up direct pay.... you need to use website not app.

Affirm requires price to be in USD

Have to wait 72 hours to cancel an order

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

My rule of thumb is when selling outside of a community you know, you call the shots, and don't hesitate to walk away from a deal if it looks even a little weird.

I had some trouble finding a buyer for my Dingwall, and eventually a guy on Talkbass and I came to terms; he had a few trades he offered but nothing that interested me, so we agreed on a price, and that's when things got weird. There were a few other things that were a little off but the biggest was he wanted to pay me a couple hundred, but have a friend of his pay me the rest, and in return he was selling his friend a different bass, and just didn't want it to all flow through his account because he didn't want his wife to know. I slept on it but ultimately told him it was off, because I could see too many things going wrong - his friend never paying, or his friend paying but then contesting the transaction because - technically correctly - he never received anything from me, etc. The guy was super dramatic about it, claimed he was insulted, etc etc but it didn't feel right so I didn't do it.

It took maybe another month, but I eventually had a very easy, no-hassle transaction with a very normal seeming guy, who ended up loving the bass (which he had bought as a backup, as I recall) enough to sell his "main" bass to look for another Dingwall not long afterwards. That first deal may have worked out ok in the end, but I have zero doubt that the second one was the right choice.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Blackat Ninja D6
    MA: Kremona Rosa Morena
    MB: LTD FB-204
    Rig: Fractal Axe FX II

sounds like my situation almost a year ago. you'd be surprised how hard of a time some people have with getting organized online in terms of digital payments and what not. more often its cause its like a 15 year old kid or something like that.

ME: EBMM JP6
    Rig: Unholy Trinity/5153

so after all that work to get my reverb account to accept Affirm.

I haven't heard from the person.

Oh well. The positive I that I have had three neat deals which means I have provided priced it correctly.

Now just need a person to commit.

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

I had a kid message me with "if I make an offer and you accept it can i pay you in installments?" I said no, declined his offer and notified reverb.

The item will move eventually.

ME: Gibson Les Paul Trad
    Rig: Mesa Lone Star Spl

Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    I had a kid message me with "if I make an offer and you accept it can i pay you in installments?" I said no, declined his offer and notified reverb.

The item will move eventually.
    This sort of thing happens every once in a while. I agree with Drew - you call the shots. If the deal sounds hinky walk away. Your guitar, your deal.
    All I can ask is that I suck a little less each time I pick up my guitar...