MA: nope
    MB: :(
    Rig: 11rack :barf:

". . . . . . . ."

ME: JS2000/Warmoth
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SRC6
    Rig: ROV25+V:35->Mesa Cabs

Man, I was just watching a video of him performing Black Hole Sun by himself, just his voice and an acoustic. Then he talked about writing songs for movies and stuff. Really interesting, and a cool guy. So sad.
    Disclaimer: I work ultra part-time for a local music gear dealer. And as a male plus-sized model for mankinis.

ME: Ibanez RG2550E
    MB: Spector NS2000Q4
    Rig: Dual Rectifier (Reborn)

A couple of months ago a guy dropped off a couple of basses which needed overhauling. He's in a punk band and had played a few shows in London, and these two (both dirt cheap, Squier and Encore) basses had been kicked the FUCK out of. They needed so much work and replacement parts that it cost way more than what each one cost new... but he didn't give a shit. He said he liked them so, fuck it.

Anyway I did the work at a decent price, didn't charge a mark-up on the parts, just charged for the time/work/set-up.

He asked if I like Nirvana. I was like "erm... not so much these days, but when I first started playing, sure". And he slaps this book down on my table, and tells me he's a photographer. He went on tour with Nirvana in the early 90's as their photographer, and this book was basically a photo album he had published. He was giving it to me as a gift because I "didn't charge enough".

There are SO many fucking cool grunge band pictures in this album. Vedder is in there, loads of really obscure 90's bands, and then some fucking KILLER shots of Cornell. So glad I have this.
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

Soundgarden was my favorite band for a couple years as a teenager. Sad days.

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: USA Jazz Special
    Rig: ENGL

I have never had this type of feeling of loss over any other famous death. This really sucks.

I still can't believe it.

Every song on this album is a masterpiece, people keep saying "one of the best grunge era bands/album/singer". How about one of the best bands/album/singer period...of any rock genre.

This album was groundbreaking. It wasn't like anything anyone had ever heard before IMHO, totally unique and original. Soundgarden and AIC are what saved grunge from being the Nirvana punchline it would have become without them.

Edit: Also Matt Cameron is just insane on Badmotorfinger. I think it is some of the best drum work out there.
    The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No. ― Alan Moore

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

Soundgarden was one of those bands I always heard on rock radio as a kid and loved it, but never bought an album. I got to see them back in 2011 (partly went because Coheed and Cambria was opening, which was an odd fit, but worked for me). It was one of those shows where I had a lot of respect for them and knew I'd enjoy it, but was still surprised by how many incredible songs they had that I'd forgotten, that brought me right back to my childhood. I was blown away by the show, and especially by Chris' vocals and presence. It's a damn shame, and way too damn soon.

ME: '78 FA-100
    MA: Baby Taylor
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Hartke HyDrive 210/Mk IVa

really sad, this year is turning out as badly as '16 did

RIP Chris!
    "Oh, those jazz guys are just making that stuff up!" - Homer J. Simpson