Metal Injection full streaming my album right now :D

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Metal Injection full streaming my album right now :D

ME: UV777P, DC700
    Rig: Kemper

Metal Injection full streaming my album right now :D

Hey everyone,

Metal Injection featured my album for their Tech Death Tuesdays column by Austin Weber here: Tech-Death Tuesday: Newcomers EZERATH Prove Their Worth On Overture: The Heir Apparent - Metal Injection

For those that don't want to click the link:

"Hey there tech fiends, it's that time of the week for tasty shred to spew forth from your speakers. Once again, I've got an early stream for today's edition by an exciting new band. But before we dive into the new Ezerath, here's the usual weekly reminder that if you're looking for more music, all prior editions of this series can be perused here.

Solo projects in tech-death have a spotty track record, there's something about the complexity of the style that tends to do better when born from multiple minds. Then again, there's always exceptions to that rule, and Ezerath are one of those exceptions. Ezerath is the solo project of Montreal-based musician Jeremy Vocino-Montpetit, who has been working on the album for over three years now from inception to completion. On Overture: The Heir Apparent he performs all of the guitars, vocals, songwriting, programming, and the mixing/mastering too. The only person on the album besides him is the occassional bit of clean singing on some songs courtesy of Felicia Weinmann.

To put it succinctly, Ezerath deliver a Canadian tech-death take on an overall (mainly) american style of tech-death, and the end product is quite an interesting experience. The music on Overture: The Heir Apparent reminds me of an eclectic mix between Rivers Of Nihil, Fallujah, Opeth, Behemoth, and The Faceless all rolled into one. So you get a blend of tech-death that's groovy, proggy, and atmospheric, while still delivering a pummeling onslaught at the same time. There's also a symphonic angle to the music here that fans of groups like Irreversible Mechanism, Singularity, and Fleshgod Apocalypse will really enjoy. Each and every song is full of killer riffs, fat heavy grooves, smooth leads, and usually, a sexy solo as well.

Jeremy stated he's been working on this material for several years, and that shows in the quality of the music from start to finish. The sound he has achieved on this album is multi-faceted and breathtaking, with a little something in it for everyone's tastes. So jam Overture: The Heir Apparent below, and if you're digging it, you can pre-order it through the Ezerath Bandcamp page ahead of it's official release on Friday, June 23rd. Be sure to follow Ezerath over on their Facebook page as well."

Let me know what you think
    Current Project: Ezerath [Progressive Death Metal] www.facebook.com/Ezerath https://soundcloud.com/horussound_jeremy

looking forward to checking this out.

really liked the singles you posted earlier.
    Spoiler

ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

congrats. I was telling some people at school how I've stopped following death metal in 2010ish because it all became way too similar, but I think you guys were able to stand out from the crowd with this work.

ME: Ibanez 540S & S540
    MB: Ibanez SG200
    Rig: Blackstar Core 40

Congrats, it's well deserved.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ô - Iím not just a member, Iím the President.
    Donít expect much, itís not like Iím a rocket surgeon.

ME: Ibanez ARZ307FM
    Rig: Peavey 5150 II

I'm not big on tech death but I'm digging this. There are actual riffs and it's not all just weedly weedly!

Congrats!

ME: Gibson Les Paul Std
    Rig: Orange OR120

congrats mate!

ME: UV777P, DC700
    Rig: Kemper

Thanks dudes, appreciate it

ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

i sent it to my friends at school. I think its really strange that my school is mostly into extreme metal. I wasn't expecting so many metal players. Ill let you know what they say about it