Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Amp/Cab Pairing

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Blankplank 
#1 ·
Being a complete noob when it comes with which cabinets to put with which heads and whatnot, I thought I'd ask you guys. I'm gonna be playing alot of the heavier stuff, stuff like Fear Factory, right through to Meshuggah, and Misery Index along the way, with the occasional bluesy riff thrown in (got my pod for all the modelling for that sorta stuff)

Now, the amp choice I was thinking of was an Engl Fireball 100w, paired with a Vader 2x12, and later on, probably a 2x15. I know the Engl supports 4, 8, and 16 ohms, and with Vaders being custom built, ohmage ain't gonna be a problem, I just wonder what you guys think of pairing these two together?
Cheers!

#3 ·
To be honest, I don't really NEED the 2x15, the 2x12 will do just fine for what I'm using it for at the minute. I just really want a 2x12 cabinet, more practical which is always handy, given the size of the car it'd be travelling in. I've never tried Bogner cabs before

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.