Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Mesa Dual Rec Blue Angel?

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·
There's one of these sitting at the studio we're recording at. I've never seen one before, and it doesn't look (or sound) anything like any other Dual Rec I've seen.

4x10 combo, no master volume... anyone got any experience with one? It sounds pretty good (although we're getting some kind of buzz so we're not using it to record), and I thought it was kinda unique so I figured I'd post it and see if any of you guys had played around with one.

Like this, but in blue Tolex with gold lettering on the faceplate:

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, I saw that page. I guess I just found it weird because it sounds absolutely NOTHING like any other Dual Rec I've heard, or what you think of when you think "Mesa" or "Recto."

There's a used Trem-O-Verb that I glanced at at Advance Music downtown, is that basically a Rect-O-Verb with a tremolo circuit? Or is it something more in line with this thing?

Class A?

W. I. N.
Loud as hell too! I can understand why the one in the picture above has the attenuator on it!

The best part though is that the 33W mode is EL84 powered. It sounds absolutely fantastic... chimey yet warm. If only its owner would get it serviced so that it wouldn't rattle!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.