Epic NGD

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic NGD

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Buttery Biscuit
    Rig: Mesa/Sunn

Epic NGD

I was going to post a big old opening of the box pic story for this but I was far too hungover/excited to be bothered.

Anyway, last week I scored this locally for an absurd price:

Which was fucking fantastic since it was on the top of my list of cabs, I was looking at getting a used Marshall 1960 since those can be had for about 250 but this was an amazing combo of being exactly what I wanted, in my price range and most importantly black!

So anyway a week rolls round, it's Friday again and its foggy as fuck and two bloody great boxes turn up at work what could those be I wonder? Well you can't have a cab without an amp so you may as well go bat shit insane and get something awesome to match the already awesome cab. So one drinking session later and slightly worse for wear I haul my arse out of bed to fire up this beast:

Obligatory glowy valves picture:

Lovely footswitch with Bodenhammer modded TS7 (thanks James ) :

(My floor is filthy )

I've spent all day playing it and I have to say so far I'm blown away and I've only played it at low volumes.
    Its hands down is my favourite amp that I've tried and I tried alot of amps in the search for my first valve amp, not only can it be brutal but the cleans and crunch channels are fantastic too, I had a quick jam with one of my mates on keys just playing a few pop songs from the cover band we do and it matched the songs rather accurately tone wise whilst sounding over 9000 times better than my pod .

Now obviously I'm in the honeymoon period with not only the amp but owning a valve amp so I'll be sure to post a full review (inc. sound clips) after it's had a few band practices under its belt, but currently I'm over the moon with the thing and am also somewhat relived that it does sound as good as it does as I brought it completely blind! I was only going off seeing emperor live a few years back and Ihsahn's guitar tone sounding amazing and some really well recorded youtube videos.

ME: Schecter Loomis 7
    Rig: Boss GT-8

Congrats!! I'm looking forward to the review and clips.
    The only proof he needed for the existance of God was music.
    Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

ME: ESP Maverick
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Orange

Woah, freakin' nice setup! Black Orange Cabs rules.
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club

ME: 1 of 2
    MA: "Smokey"
    Rig: Peavey XXX

Brutal. Enjoy every minute of it.

ME: LTD MH-1000/MH-417
    Rig: Framus Cobra > Cobra 4x12

That is a killer setup! ...and that is coming from someone who is a huge tone snob
    There is no truth, only a perspective.

"jeas christ I aM SO DRUK IS FUCKIN CRAZY, FUCK APS LOCK IS ONn ok took it off" - Justin Bailey

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

Killer setup is killer. Congrats

Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD): www.sparrows613.com

Post up some clips dude! Great stuff
    "I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth." - Oliver Reed

"America blaming BP for the oil spill is like a man punching a prostitute in the face because his own needs disgust him." - Stewart Lee

ME: LTD MH-1000/MH-417
    Rig: Framus Cobra > Cobra 4x12

Quote Originally Posted by DelfinoPie View Post
    Post up some clips dude! Great stuff
    This is a good idea!