Metal Guitarist Forums banner

The Sex-o-caster gets some new friends

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  DonBot 
#1 ·
Got's me a pair of Motor City pickups for the sex-o-caster. :yesway:
If you recall, I got a Motor City "Nuke" for the purple headed Warmo(th)nstar. This one got a "Hell Baby" in the bridge and a "War Cry" in the neck. Man do these pickups rule when it comes to gaintasticness! They are HOT! But not overly hot, if you now what I mean. They ad a nice bite. Even on my Vetta I can really tell a difference. Good stuff. If you get a chance, check them out: Motor City Pickups

Btw... this thread is brought to you by pure boredom. :yesway: It's just a simple pickup swap but I felt like posting. :D

See less See more
#9 ·
Yep. That's how Warmoth use to do it. I wish they still did that too. On the Star, if I want to adjust the truss, I have to remove the neck. :noway:

how do the nuke and hell baby compare?
The Hell Bady has a little bit less output, but it seems a bit fuller sounding. The output is still high though. For example, on this I have it set up with a coil tap. You can BARELY tell that it's tapped. :lol: I almost prefer this one to the Nuke.
And unlike most other really high output pickups, these still have a lot of character to them.

You make me proud young Donald. Funny you named that Sexx-o-caster, as there has been actual bare tit on that body on several occasions.
Sexxxellent. :yesway:

Also, for anybody considering these, they are a little bit beefier than normal pickups. I've had to enlarge the pickup routes on pretty much everything I've put these in. Not much but enough to possibly make it a pain in the ass for some people.

#11 ·
I totally agree about the EBMM truss rod. :yesway: Luckily, thought, the truss rod is usually the last thing I'll mess with. Someday I do plan on routing a little trough in the body so I can access it better without removing the neck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.