Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Too cool for a modeler?

Tags
cool modeler
2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  eleven59 
#1 ·
So I Visited Fractal Audio Today (Axe-FX tidbits/fun) - Sevenstring.org

According to Fractal Audio, there is going to be an effects-only version of the Axe... and it shall be rackmountable.

Auctions for first-born children surely will commence at the Fractal Forums shortly.

Mr. Fractal also uses a Fryette 2/50/2 tube power amp in his personal live rig. :yesway:

#5 ·
If it's a decent price drop from the Standard (like $600-700, which won't happen) I'll probably replace my Ultra with it. If it's not within that price range, it probably won't be worth it for me to take a hit on reselling my Axe, then buying a new one of these, not to mention dealing with low ballers.

#9 ·
I dunno JJ, something around $800 might not be unreasonable. Depends on how much he thinks his amp models are worth, since the unit will likely have very similar firmware and probably identical input/output converters, etc. It might be $1000. :-/

#12 ·
I don't think more processing power will yield better sounds. They're already pretty high fidelity. At this point, only increasing the complexity of the models (along with more processing horsepower, naturally) will add to the effect realism or dynamism.

I also don't know if it would be worth it for him to get another chip made when he has a perfectly good one to use already. If I recall, those are custom made for him in the USA somewhere. Even if it has too much power, big deal. :shrug: I also don't see him diversifying his product to the point where there's one lineup with extra high-grade models, while the rest is just normal-awesome.

The Standard's processor will probably be as good as an Ultra when it comes to effects only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.