Solve the Following: 530 + 300 + 212 = ???

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solve the Following: 530 + 300 + 212 = ???

ME: Ibanez RGT42DX
    Rig: 5150 III 50w -> G-System

Solve the Following: 530 + 300 + 212 = ???

I finally got to witness the power of my "fully armed and operational" rig of compact awesomsauce.

It's fugly, and incomplete, but your ears won't be able to repel CRUSHING METAL of this magnitude.

Instead of retarded pictures I'll just tell you what the fuck is going on. I got my Rocktron Velocity 300 in from Toronto, and my awesome girlfriend brought it to me last weekend. it took me all week to find time in between packing my shit to move in 2 days, and cleaning my apartment (so I don't have to pay someone less capable than me a full days wage to do it...fucking lease agreements) to finally get out to a band practice and take it for it's first test drive. It's just sitting on top of the rack right now, becasue, like a retard, I forgot my rackmounting nuts and screws at home, and I take the bus to the jam space, so there was no time to go get them from home before the rest of the guys got there. I should add that there will be no pics of the rig, just yet. I forgot the camera as well, so I'll try to have pics up by tomorrow night. That velocity though...

God Damn. I don't know what rocktron did, but this amp is just killer. I was skeptical about how much power I would actually get out of it, since my cab is 16 ohms, which leaves me with 170 solid state watts. Needless to say i had to push it a LOT farther than my previous 120 tube watt peavey XXX, but once it hit about 6.5, it sat in the band mix rather nicely.

I played through the set with the band once, made a few tweaks to my OD808, and rolled off a little gain, and with the help of the velocity's "Reactance" control, I fattened up my low end to a satisfactory level and it sounded pretty good for a couple songs. during the customary tuning break, i did a little extra tweaking with my 10 band EQ, and by fuck, I don't know exactly what I did, but it made that thing some kind of MEAN. Crunchy, growly, and fucking TIGHT. Like, holy crap. My XXX could never DREAM of being as tight as this thing, even with the bass at 10:00 (which made the XXX sound thin) it's not as tight as the ENGL+velocity and there's audibly MUCH more low end in my new tone.

Long story short, e530 + Velocity 300 + TD 2x12 = Some seriously awesome tone.

I'll have pics for tomorrow night, and MAYBE, just maybe, I'll have a quick rig demo clip on youtube for your enjoyment as well. my digital camera can't handle anything louder than talking volume, so I'll see if I can con my brother into doing a clip with his iPhone.
    Dances With Cables.

ME: Ibanez RGT42DX
    Rig: 5150 III 50w -> G-System

Quote Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
    Smart-Ass. I suppose this is what I get for not posting pictures.

For those who came for pics, and were disappointed. The unboxing of my velocity 300, on video. Why do I always sound like I'm 3 years old in these?
    Last edited by PirateMetalTroy; 10-29-2010 at 05:47 AM.

ME: KxK BSG7
    Rig: VHT GP3>Axe FX>VHT 2/90/2

It's okay, you have that righteous ball tickler to make up for sounding young.

ME: Sherman Poips
    MA: Martin DXK2
    MB: StringlessRusted Leonbass
    Rig: Mark-V 25 1x12

TOAN CLIPS!!!!

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Nice setup. I've got a tube-pre/ss-power rig as well.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

Quote Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
    Which, strangely, if you subtract 1,000, is also the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: EBMM JP7
    MB: Ibanez SDGR 705
    Rig: Axe Fx II

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Which, strangely, if you subtract 1,000, is also the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.
    So, is that a thousand times better than 42, or would that be 42,000?
    I'm a bit unsure and a bit drunk. sssh, don't say anything

Don't worry about people talking behind your back, it just means you're one step ahead and they're in perfect position to kiss your ass!