So I'm finally happy with my rig

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Thread: So I'm finally happy with my rig

ME: Kxk 7 + RG 1527m x2
    Rig: ENGL Invader + AXE-FX II

So I'm finally happy with my rig

Noticed something weird, I haven't had any amp gas in a few months

Now i just need to get some decent recording gear and learn how to make my guitars sound as good recorded as they do in the room.

The AXE-FX is hooked up to the two Alesis monitors above, it sounds much better going into them then it does with any cabs i have.

The AXE-FX is really my main go to amp, i would say i use it about 95% of the time for everything, the only thing i need is some nice FRFR monitors i can play live with and take to band practice (dont want to take the Alesis speakers to band practice).

The ENGL Invader really is my favorite tube head, it covers a lot of ground and can easily dial the staple metal tone i love (Scar Symmetry / Soilwork) as well as a great clean tone, and a nice classic 80's hardrock tone for the Powermetal band i play in as a live only guitarist (Kent from Hedda uses a Carvin V3 and i think the Invader accents it nicely).

The rig on the right is my practice rig (or at least it used to be before i got the AXE), MosValve -> Pod XT -> unknown bass cab (I also use it for when my bassist comes over to jam). It gets some amazing high gain tones and i used to use it for recording before i got my monitors (had a more flat response sound than the Vaders or Framus).

The Vader cabs don't distort as quickly as my Framus 4x12 (with vintage 30's); and sounds great with both the ENGL and AXEFX, currently using the 4x12 live.

Hopefully the no amp gas things lasts for a few more years so i can build up a nice studio or maybe even save some money?

ME: Schecter Loomis 7
    Rig: Boss GT-8

The only proof he needed for the existance of God was music.
    Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

ME: Kxk 7 + RG 1527m x2
    Rig: ENGL Invader + AXE-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by ohio_eric View Post
    HAHA, better Borat than Bruno i guess

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

Congrats man

I really like my recto, I just want to experiment with the power tubes. I think a somewhat brighter tone would do me some good haha
    Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD):

ME: Swampcaster
    MA: Fender Sonoran
    MB: Squier P Bass
    Rig: None :(

Thats about how my final rig will look, accept maybe a bit bigger. Very nice setup you've got there!

RHLC East Coast President

ME: Schecter Riot 8
    MA: Ibanez Masa SX72
    Rig: ENGL Invader 100

Best f'kin amp in the world there man XD Love the Invader. But I secretly hate you for having an Axe FX. Can't afford one, but when I sit down with a pen and paper and work out the alternatives to having one, it'd cost me the same, if not more.
    Splintered Soul

Endorsee of Fractal Audio Systems, Schecter Guitar Research, Ernie Ball Inc, Engl Amplification, Bare Knuckle Pickups and Graph Tech Guitar Labs.

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

The Invader's a nice amp, I ran Stuh84's one through my Trace 3x12 last summer. Absolutely fucking brutal and way to fucking loud at any volume in my garage
    I'm so metal I shit bats

My band > WALK IN COMA

ME: KxK Sii-7
    MA: Martin OMC-1E
    MB: Dingwall Combustion
    Rig: Line 6

Nice rigs! I'm rather enjoying my Fractal/Vader rig, as well.