Axe Fx vs Line 6 HD300 video

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Axe Fx vs Line 6 HD300 video

ME: Elysian Custom
    Rig: Bias Desktop

Axe Fx vs Line 6 HD300 video

[VIDEO]]YouTube - Line 6 Pod HD vs. Fractal Axe FX - Metal shootout[/VIDEO]

I found this video on youtube and personally I feel the axe fx has a better quality tone and much more clarity than the HD300. What do you guys think?
    I play Suhrs, not poor people guitars. -Chris

ME: Gibson Les Paul Std
    Rig: Orange OR120

I didnt like one simple tone in that vid, they were all too gainy for my taste.

but in the shootout: the Recti i like better on the POD, Überschall better on the Axe, both Engl sounds are "meh", but the Powerball/Axe-model i'd take over the Fireball/POD.

Quality-wise - based on that vid, i would not take one over the other, while the ground-character is different on both, the real QUALITY-difference is not hearable if you ask me.

That can - and i dont only bet, i also hope - be comepletely differnt when you play the, side by side. Which i will do in a few weeks/months..

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

It's that FearedSE guy again, doesn't he always use a lot of post production? Give me pure tones without the post production and I'll give you my verdict.
    I'm so metal I shit bats

My band > WALK IN COMA

ME: Agile Pendulum
    MA: Ibanez EW20ASENT
    MB: Ibanez
    Rig: Line6 Pod Farm

I think.. This video was already posted.

ME: Electra X260 Invicta
    MB: Ibanez SR405
    Rig: SVT 6 Pro->M1400i->HLF410

Yeah, I recognize the riffing in the comparison. Definitely was posted here already and again, too much post production.

Lemme take a pic with two cameras, clean them both up in photoshop, then post them on the web for people to determine which camera to buy...

ME: Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul
    MB: Les Paul
    Rig: Mini Rec

Superman baby for the win.

I might have said this earlier, but I think there is one advantage to the mess of "post-production" laid down on Ola Englund's videos: in theory, he's letting you know what the "polished" products can sound like and comparing THOSE directly. Obviously it's a bit like Sami said, it ruins the basic comparison, and there are of course dozens of very different ways you could treat any of these guitar tones in a studio with various compressors and equalizers at your fingertips -- but I still think his comparisons are interesting.

I'd like to see him do "raw" and "polished" clips with his "signature blend" of EQ/compression/whatever side-by-side.

Chris: One problem is I'm not convinced that it's the same post-production. He's never made such a claim. I think he does have a specific tone that he chases, but he surely had to mess with these amps in different fashions to get there.
    Making metal every night and day.

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto

whats it matter if its the same post production? i think its the simple fact that the little crappy pod can hold its own against a 2000 dollar unit. the axe is better, but in this clip it doesnt sound THAT much better.
    But i think the fact that you can doctor up the pods tone to be as good(almost) as the axe fx is a testament of how good the pod can be for so little money and that you dont REALLY need a 2k processor.
    Confront and Cry

ME: Warmoth Warhead
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall ABI, Kubicki
    Rig: Budda SD30

7SoH: It matters because I don't record much, and I'd prefer to hear the "live tone" of the unit.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion