So I've been working with Ampeg, for months now, doing contract work for consulting/recording on their soon-to-be-released GVT amp line. On wednesday, I'm doing a 15 minute mock demo presentation in front of the 15-20 of the biggest corporate big dogs. The presentation is the final step in a long interview process for a job as the worldwide product specialist for their guitar amp lines. I do know that there are some psuedo-celebrity musicians that are competing for the same position. This would be a huge step for me in a new career field. So as the relative "new fish" to the game, I'm trying to put my best step forward.
So with that mind, I figured I'd ask you, the consumer.
If you were watching someone give a product demo of an amp that peeked your interest...
WHAT ARE THE 5 KEY THINGS YOU'D WANT TO HEAR ADDRESSED in a guitar amp demo?
The demo I'm doing consisted of outlining the features of the entire amp line & give playing demos as well.
Please keep your answers concise & in bullet statement form so I can sift through them all quickly. Use this format.
THANK YOU ALL!
1. Overview of common features (don't spend too much time on the "it has bass, middle AND treble controls!!!" but let people know that the usual suspects are included)
2. Details of unique features (spend time on things that set them apart from others)
3. Real world practicality (things like weight, ease of setup, reliability, connectivity)
4. TOAN!!! (display the unique character of the amp, as well as the versatility, make it sound like itself, not like everything else, and show how it can be used in real world situations)
5. Be interesting and entertaining (make people want to watch, sound interested and excited, but genuine, and remember that your target audience is goofs like us, not suit-wearing office-drones )