So I recently purchased the Engl Invader 100 & it's a midi compatible head with midi in & thru. I'm thinking of picking up a TC Electronics G-Major & a Voodoo Labs GCX Switcher & Ground Control Pedal.
A few questions....
1. I hear the G-Major does amp switching. Will it do it through the midi thru?
I assume I would hook the midi cables up like this: GCP PEDAL > GCX SWITCHER > GMAJOR > INVADER. Correct?
2. On the Invader, making presets with all the various bells & whistles turned on & off in a cinch. However, can the GCX/GCP send instant access commands to toggle all the bells & whistles within the same preset? Like, can I make dedicated IA switches for Master B volume (solo boost) & the FX loops?
3. I was going to hook up the Gmajor to the FX for time based & modulation FXs, but can you use the 3-4 cable method & route FX like harmonies & whammy FX before the amp?
p.s. I'm REALLY new to midi stuff. In the past, I ran rack processors where I just switch presets, or I used a footcontroller that was designed for the processor & it had dedicated IA switches, so no midi programming necessary.
1. Yes and No. It can change your amp channels, but it does it through a relay switcher. I'm not sure how it would work for the Invader, but I had a special cable that allowed me to do it with my Mesa Nomad, without issues.
3. No. The GMajor only has stereo IN and OUT jacks. It can do whammy and (bad) harmonizing, but it'd be stuck in your FX loop.