Ok, so for those of you I don't speak to regularly, I sold all my gear around this time last year, so I've been without a rig or guitar since then.
The next couple of months, however, are looking like they will be the perfect (and probably only) opportunity for me to get everything back. I'm looking at getting a new guitar of some kind, a Pod X3 Pro so I can record,(fuck you all, I like the tone so don't even try and convince me out of that ) and then an amp to jam through so I don't feel like I missed out on something (which I did last time).
The opinions I need are on the amp, I'm 99% certain I've narrowed it down to 6 possibilities;
- Line 6 Spider Valve Mk.II 212 combo - I remember playing one ages ago and really loving the tone. I'm not against L6 or stiff, digital sounding tones either (in fact, it's kind of what I do) so that seemed like a good choice.
- Randall RG100G3 212 - My last amp was a Randall VMAX and I adored it, and this apparently has the same solid state channel as the VMAX which is a good, good thing. It's much cheaper than the others, but I'm not sure if I want more of the same, or to try something new.
- Blackstar HT Stage 60 212 - I was GASing majorly for a SeriesOne 200 before I sold everything, and I can actually afford this one, but I'm not 100% sure on the tone, so any help here would be much appreciated. I think there's a few places that sell them so obviously I will try one when I get the chance, but at this point I just need an idea.
- Bugera 333XL 212 or 6262 212 - I actually totally forgot about the offerings from Bugera, but I am definitely interested. Again, they have a more aggressive tone than something like Marshall (and even the Randall most likely) but again I need to try one.
- Kustom 100 Quad dfx - Courtesy of Nick (TheSixthWheel) I could pick this up for an awesome price, but I'm unsure if it will do 100% what I'm looking for this time around, and with such limited cash I need to be sure.
So what do you think? Bear in mind I play overgained, buzzsawish, heavily effected industrial.
Any other suggestions (for under the $1kAUD mark) post them up too