Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Line 6 DT25

Tags
dt25 line
6K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·
This looks like a VERY interesting companion to the HD500.

DT25 | Line 6

#7 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20110902 Firefox/6.0.1 Fennec/6.0.2)

Jeff said:
Line 6 DT25 HD | Sweetwater.com

At $899, I'd have a really hard time with going with that over the Recto. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but still. The Recto is pretty damn versatile for a 2-channel amp.
This. Tonal opinions aside, Mesa uses higher quality componentry, all sourced from US manufacturers. I'm pretty sure Line6 products are made somewhere in Asia. Plus, I know a guy who gigs with a Spider Valve head, and he carries around a fan to keep it from overheating. Apparently, Line6 ignored Bogner's cabinet vent requirements in a bid to save cash, and they payed for it on the first few runs.

If I was going for a tube-driven, mini-modeler rig, I'd hunt down a used AxeFx Standard, a Mesa 2:20, and a 1x12.

#11 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20110902 Firefox/6.0.1 Fennec/6.0.2)

This. Tonal opinions aside, Mesa uses higher quality componentry, all sourced from US manufacturers. I'm pretty sure Line6 products are made somewhere in Asia. Plus, I know a guy who gigs with a Spider Valve head, and he carries around a fan to keep it from overheating. Apparently, Line6 ignored Bogner's cabinet vent requirements in a bid to save cash, and they payed for it on the first few runs.

If I was going for a tube-driven, mini-modeler rig, I'd hunt down a used AxeFx Standard, a Mesa 2:20, and a 1x12.
Either that or stick a POD HD500 through a Carvin TS100, bridged to a single 1x12.

#8 ·
The thing that strikes me as interesting about this is not just that it's an amp with a bunch of interesting modes and two channels, but that it's totally integrated with the modeler in the HD500.

Line 6 said:
Call up a POD HD preset and it instantly reconfigures the amp's tube bias, output class and more to best suit the selected HD amp model. Keep it traditional or edit your DT25 settings and save the configuration for instant recall as part of the POD HD preset.
It's like modeling, with real tubes. Comparing this with the Mini Recto is like apples to bananas... or apples to fruit salad.

#10 ·
The thing that strikes me as interesting about this is not just that it's an amp with a bunch of interesting modes and two channels, but that it's totally integrated with the modeler in the HD500.

It's like modeling, with real tubes. Comparing this with the Mini Recto is like apples to bananas... or apples to fruit salad.
I realize that, but like it or not, they're still competing in the same general field, that higher end lunchbox area.

The integration is neat, I guess. But is it in practice good enough that you'd rather have that than a real all-tube head made in N. America?

To each their own, I guess.

#16 ·
That does exactly what this does with the HD POD integration? No. That is similar in many ways, and thus still quite a competitor? Absolutely.

Mini Recto. 25 watts. EL84's, 2 modes per channel, 25/10 watt switchable. $1000
Carvin V3M. 50 watts. EL84's, 3 independent channels, power switchable. $600
Egnater Rebel 30. 30 watts. EL84's AND 6V6's, 2 channels, power variable, $750.

All of these are going to be competitors, because you can't look at the DT25 exclusively with the HD500 integration. As an amp alone, it's quite comparable to the others. It's also really pricey for a Chinese amp.

#17 ·
The Line 6 stuff is pretty good for home recording, not sure I'd ever want to gig with it.
The M5/9/13 series is sturdy as hell. I had the M5 on my pedal baord for a few gigs, then gave it to our bassist (seriously, the Tube Comp is KILLER on a bass rig!) who doesnt take care of his things as I do...that thingy is built like a tank, I'm more afraid of his 2 Boss pedals to break than the M5.

#19 ·
If i were shopping for a small tube amp, i wouldn't even consider the Line 6, because there are so many other amazing alternatives in that category.

I see it more as a compelling alternative to an Atomic or Mackie powered monitor, but executed in a way that actually enhances the whole modeling experience. THAT's where it gets interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.