Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NAD! Scrotum-punching Peavey content.

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  budda 
#1 ·
I've been on a search for a 5150 lately as it's always been one of those amps that my favorite bands have used. I managed to score this one online. I finally got home from my vacation and was able to open the box and play with it. (it showed up while I was gone because USPS decided to hang onto it for a couple of extra days.)

Firstly, here's a pic of my rig together.

This thing sounds BEASTLY. It's been bias modded, and just fucking destroys. Through my Mesa cab, it really punches you in the chest when you palm mute, and is the exact tone I've had in my head for the longest time. I'm super happy with this thing, and plan on doing all kinds of cosmetic mods to it. I'm thinking purple neon, and I'm going to put chickenhead knobs back on it.

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't know exactly what was done, as I am by no means an amp tech. but the sweep of the bias adjustment knob/screw thing was made much wider, so it now has a higher bias than when it was new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.