New amp day - Peters Flying Spaghetti Monster

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New amp day - Peters Flying Spaghetti Monster

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

Wirelessly posted

It's here!

I ordered a Peters Amplification Flying Spaghetti Monster, single channel 100W. It arrived today, and it rules! With an EQ for the preamp and basically the power amp as well, this amp is hella versatile. Even with the gain on max, you can hear every note in a full barre chord (yeah, dimed gain at half is hilarious). I was surprised at how crystal clear this amp is. The voicing sits where a guitar should. I actually get enough dirt for pretty much anything with gain at 8 oclock. It sounds great at whisper volumes as well. If any of you have me on facebook, I made a quick iPhone video.

Once I get to my girlfriend's computer I'll put in the pics, and hopefully the video will play for you guys.

edit: I'll hold off on vid until I get something a little better

Im really quite happy with the tone, appearance and quality of this amp. I can't say I miss my Mesa at all. James was great to deal with; quick to answer my questions and he gave me info on where to start once it arrived.

I'll be making a demo vid with my AJC singlecut, deluxe tele w/ J S Moore's and my LTD (EMG, downtuned) when my singer has time. If anyone in London wants to check it
    out, PM me and we'll set up a jam.
    Last edited by budda; 09-14-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD):

ME: Buckethead Les Paul
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: Titan Custom

Nice! Peters makes some killer amps. Can't wait to see/hear it.

I really want to get at least a decent audio clip up ASAP. The versatility of the controls really let you decide if you want to sound massive, or just slice through everything.

I lost my 5150 GAS after this

ME: ESP Maverick
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Orange

I can't find that model on their website.
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club

ME: JS2000/Warmoth
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SRC6
    Rig: Mesa ROV25+V:25+Mesa Cab

Is it single channel? Best name for an amp, ever, btw.
    Disclaimer: I work ultra part-time for a local music gear dealer

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Yeah, that is seriously the greatest amp name ever.

ME: MIJ Ibanez RG's
    Rig: CraxFX-II

Congrats man. I had a dual channel Gryphon about two years ago and it was really cool. I got rid of it because it wasn't modern enough, even with a boost. I talked to James after that, and he was going to build me a hybrid that was in between the Hydra and Chimera with a few tweaks, which would later become the The Flying Spaghetti Monster. So enjoy my amp. lol

Here is a video of my Gryphon, with a Engl Savage to give it a little more edge. lol
    My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

Wirelessly posted

PSP, it's in the list on the first page of the site - but not in the main list.

Big, I tried a Gryphon in Ottawa and that's part of why I went with a Peters. There's a guy on SS.argh who had a gryphon that he boosted and made clips of. Apparently people were citing that tone as what they wanted (boosted gryphon, as you said) and now this beast exists.

Jeff, singe channel and 100W. Played it through a prs 212 at long and mcquade to show my store buddies, they dug it. My tele isn't wired so I played a US standard - damn. This thing loves single coils too!