Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Amp head - sellers regret?!

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Nick 
#1 ·
Being a scumbag member of the financial sector (and loving it) I'm about to come into a decent amount of money, so I'm probably going to buy myself something nice, as said scumbags are prone to do....

Mesa Mk V heads are going on gumtree for silly money (by uk standards). There are quite a few popping up with 3 months use and all the original documentation and the warranty card not even filled out for about £1250.

That said i have no real use for one. One of my old bands is kind of getting back together but i doubt it will come to anything. i regret not having the mk v any more but i think i just miss looking at it as it was getting no real use!

I use my axe fx nearly every day and have no real need for an amp head in the house as long as its there.

i may just fill the void with a new guitar or maybe even a bass for recording purposes.

anyone been in a similar situation?

#9 ·
Buy it and love it.

And know you can easily resell for what you have into it if you decide to sell again.

You know you want to.

#10 ·
yeah thought about that as well.

im worried about the axe not cutting it live though. Im sure it would be fine but my the amp heads ive owned have all been pretty stellar as far as cutting through and sounding good live so i would probably be hard to please :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.