Another Ownhammer public beta (free impulses!)

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Ownhammer public beta (free impulses!)

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

Another Ownhammer public beta (free impulses!)

Somewhat old news, but in case anyone missed it, free cab impulses: - Public Beta Redux

Hey guys,

I've had a lot going on, but this time around I've mostly been wise and kept it to myself except for a few random blurbs about the Mystery Meat (which I've since removed from the site in lieu of this). Now it's time to share some more files with you all, in a similar vein to the original public beta release 6 months ago.

In recent times I've been fine tuning the Live-n-Loud section of the Standard libraries. In doing so I've pulled some old tricks out of my bag, and was reminded why I used to adhere to them in the past. I've merged that to provide improved, more diverse, and more intuitive voicings while keeping most of the core mechanics in tact. Voicings options now are:

- Brit Modern
    - Brit Vintage
    - USA Modern
    - USA Vintage

They're merely my opinion of the sound, in as short, relative, and generic of terms as I could come up with. When I think Brit I think Marshall, EL34's, Neve, and certain mid-range characteristics. When I think USA I think Fender, 6L6's, API, and certain low and high characteristics. Modern is clearer and more in your face, Vintage is more relaxed, woody, and organic. The voicings are mostly a result of mic placement and technique, and for that reason I won't be listing the gear used specifically for each as I don't want it to be a benchmark for comparing outboard hardware; I don't think that would be fair to the manufacturers as those elements easily comprise less than 20% of the sonic variation.

The main reason for these subtle sonic changes to the voicings is primarily feedback - be it direct private communication or opinions I read out and about, as well as random results when trying something for a completely unrelated test. Additionally, with language barriers, not only linguistically but also variance in experience and ability to translate audio terminology/descriptors, I felt this was a necessary simplification in the long run.
    Included file formats are:

Axe-Fx II
    Wave Audio

This set of files is offered for free, but still adheres to the same EULA as commercial products offered on the OwnHammer website. In short (but not limited to), that means that you cannot redistribute, sell, host, or create derivative works (in whole or in part). Feel free to link this page wherever you'd like, but the files can only be obtained from this website.

These files will be permanently removed when the full 412-GTR Bog V31 library is added to the commercial store offerings. Enjoy it while it lasts!

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

I have this running with the 5153 sim in my AFX2, and it's pretty glorious. I've got the Brit Modern on one half of the cab sim, with the other half being the original beta V30 with a TC30 mic (I think, can't recall exactly now). I want OH to finish the Bogner V30 library so that I can run the updated version on both sides of the cab sim block.

Kevin the Ownhammer guy is coming up with huge advancements very quickly, but he's also making things pretty confusing by changing up the naming standards and variations so much.

ME: Ibanez RG2228
    MB: Schecter Stiletto Studio
    Rig: Fractal Audio AxeFX II

Thanks for sharing man! Always up for more free impulses.
    Ibanez RG2228, RGD2127Z, RGA121 // Fractal Audio AxeFX II // Avatar V30 2x12

ME: Bugsy
    MA: Cane
    Rig: Bias

Thanks for the heads up!

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

I'd be more interested in a bass impose beta. :/
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's

Tagging this so I don't forget about it again.

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

Oh great. Just what I need to speed up mixing; more choice!

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: VHT Pittbull + Axe FX II

oh yes please!