Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRD!!

ME: Ibanez RGIB6
    MA: Alvarez P.O.S.
    MB: SR1305PD
    Rig: Mesa Boogie

Well, kind of a new rig day Since I've got back into playing/writing, I've also contacted my old drummer to see if he's interested in forging some metal and sure enough he's all in Now the back story to this is I put this rig together back in '97(I think, things were a bit foggy back then, lol!)played a few gigs with it then the band imploded. The drummer and myself parted on good terms and kept in touch over the years. Sometime in around '03 or '04 I ended up trading him the rig for a vehicle for my youngest son, I had been out of music for some time and had no use for it and my youngest son was ready(and deserving)of his 1st vehicle. He had one for sale so a deal was struck and we traded my rig for my son's 1st vehicle. Fast forward to now, I'm back playing, my old drummer is playing again as well and we're both older and on the same page in our lives. He still has my old rig...a deal was once again made and I have my old rig back!!!!!

The rack-

It's in need of a good cleaning, the 9200 should probably be re-tubed along with the 2120, those 2 pieces will probably stay. Over the years my taste in sound has changed to an extent so there's a lot of tweaking to be done to see if I want to keep the Alesis and the Aphex, only time will tell. I may consider a different pre-amp at some point, but for now the 2120 stays. I had forgotten how fucking heavy this thing sounded, holy shit No more pissin off the neighbors, now it's the whole town

The bottom cab-

yup, 2-18's I've already been told(and agree)that I'm an absolute nut case. After spending way too much time(and money)on different 4x12's to go full stack, I was always disappointed in what I was hearing(keep in mind this was in the mid 90's)nothing had that absolute fucking crush that I was looking for so I had this cab built for me at a local shop. The speakers are nothing fancy, Crate 150 watt 18's. They match well with the 100 watts the 9200 is pushing. I also run in stereo so that I can control how much of the 2x18 is heard, it's more to compliment the 4x12. Coupled with my Mesa cab the sound is brutal.

Back to waking the dead

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

2120 FTW!

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

The 2x18 makes the 4x12 look like a 4x8

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

One of my bassists buddies gigs with a 1x18 and a 4x10. I'm going to have to link him this and tell him he needs to go bigger.

ME: Strat
    Rig: MKV25, Port City OS Wave

The whole band thing and him having your rig... Is nothing short of your destiny... And your destiny... Is metal.

ME: Buckethead Les Paul
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: Titan Custom

Marshall 9200 FTW! I used one of those for the longest time. Absolutely loved it but damn was it heavy!

ME: Schecter
    MA: Yamaha - Nylon
    MB: OLP MM3
    Rig: V2 / Titan

holy sheet

"The most important thing I look for in a musician is whether he knows how to listen." -Duke Ellington

ME: Strandberg* Boden 8
    MA: Acoustics?
    MB: Carvin LB76p
    Rig: AxeFXII - Mesa 2:90

2x18's? the force is strong in the cabinet