Hi all, not sure if anyone is aware of this, but i spotted this on a couple of other forums and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on here, but if anyone out there is interested it seems Line6 are about to drop the replacement for the HD500 - imaginatively titled 'HD500X'. I've heard release is scheduled for late July.
** I havent seen anything official on this from Line6, so it could be one awesome, multi-forum troll**
There are tons of features users have been asking for, and it seems that Line 6 have ignored almost everyone of them!
in the new model we get LED rings around the footswitches, more routing and double the DSP for dual amps.
sounds like a bit of a let down so far unless they are going to announce some proper features last minute.
If had some new amp models, maybe better modelling, and user loadable IR's I'd be all over that like knockers in a wind tunnel. However the features list sounds pretty lacklustre.
what do you guys think? (this was taken from the gearpage forum)
Line 6 POD HD500X modeling guitar effects processor for the successor of the POD HD500
- floor effects processor with amp modeling
- 2x as much DSP processing power than the POD HD500 (! not DSP Limit message more)
- more routing options
- new and improved foot switches with beautiful LED ring
- 256 pre-programmed presets and 512 self-programmable
- amp models, 25 HD guitar amps, 1 HD bass amp
- speaker cabinet models: 16 for guitar, one for bass (incl. 8 mic models)
- impact Models: 100 + (from the M-series)
- up to 8 effects simultaneously use
- 8 programmable footswitches (preset selection or effect on / off)
- Bank Up and Down buttons
- TAP tempo
- Looper: up to 48 seconds
- Looper functions: Rec / Overdub, Play / Stop, 1/2 Speed, Reverse, Undo, Play Once, Pre / Post
- controllers amp modeling: Drive, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Volume, Master
- Display: LCD with backlight
- Tuner: Built-in, chromatic
- instrument input: 1/4 "(6.35mm) jack
- Expression Pedal: integrated, for example volume and wah
- AUX Input: 1/4 "(6.35mm) jack
- Microphone input: XLR, with preamp
- Analog output: 2 x 1/4 "(6.35mm) jack
- Headphone output: 1/4 "(6.35mm) stereo jack
- XLR output: balanced L + R
- S / PDIF Output: RCA (RCA), 24 bit
- L6 LINK XLR connector for integration of Line 6 DT50 guitar amplifiers
- Variax Digital Input (VDI ): digital input for Line 6 Variax guitars
- stereo FX loop: 4x 1/4 "(6.35 mm) jack, 2x FX send / return
- CD/MP3-ingang: 1/8 "(3.5mm) stereo jack
- MIDI connectors: 5-pin MIDI In and MIDI Out / Thru
- USB Output: USB-B, software editor, software updates and Recording
- external pedal input: 1/4 "(6.35 mm) jack
- construction: metal chassis, pedal and switches
- power supply: Line 6 power adapter included
- Dimensions: 270 x 550 x 80 mm
- Weight: 4.8 kg
- Software Editor / Librarian included
still no on/off switch
the extra processing will improve this unit a lot. I had quite a few instances where i maxed out the load on it and i dont even really use effects i was just using reverb and delay!?