42K views 175 replies 28 participants last post by  Lopez 
#1 ·
Yessir.

$1100 for the head, I do believe.

See less See more
#14 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

bulletbass man said:
Also I'd love to see an amp with 2x6l6s and 2xel84s. With the option to run either the 6l6s AB, the el84s class ab, the el84s using mesa's multi watt, or all 4 :cool:
You mean like the Dual Rectifier Blue Angel?

#21 ·
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

Jeff said:
Who wants a DC-5? :lol: I really want a ROV25 combo/Express 5:25+ duo. If the ROV25 combo is as light (45 pounds) as the 5:25+, that's the way to go.
I'd love it, but can't swing it :lol: :(

#24 ·
Iiiiinteresting.... For me it's all going to come down to how the thing's voiced. The Rectoverb 50 was brighter with a poweramp that got darker as you drove it than my Roadster, and I like the fact that the Mini starts off darker and rounder.

#25 ·
If the combo is just the Mini Rec in combo form with reverb thrown in, it'll be mine. I'm listing my DC-5 today.

Then later next year or so, I'll get the Express 5:25+ combo, which is very "mini-Mark"-ish. I know I could get into AxeFX territory at that point cost-wise, but I still love amps. And the Two Notes Torpedo plugin sounds AMAZING for speaker IR's.

#28 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

It's definitely not a Mini with a tank added, since the input jack is in the opposite side of the amp.

#30 ·
Official product announcement has hit: Mesa Boogie Recto®-Verb™ Twenty-Five

Looks like it's a Mini Rec with 'verb, and comes in head, combo, and rackmount versions. 19 lbs. for the head, which isn't bad considering the extra tubes, larger enclosure, and reverb tank over the standard Mini.

I'd be interested to hear the 'verb on this. I haven't been much impressed by Mesa reverbs on their smaller amps in the past. The 'verb on the DC series and F series haven't been particularly inspiring, and in most cases I'd rather spend $130 on a Hall of Fame Mini or something similar.

#46 ·
#39 ·
I think the real problem with the 8 string sample is the 8 string, not the Recto. It sounds like a Recto with a super sludge guitar plugged into it. :lol:

#40 ·
I don't think the amp suits itself to that style. I also think it takes a very particular setup for an 8-string to sound good. Maybe that's more anecdotal than accurate, but I've seen far more shitty sounding 8-string videos than good ones.

#44 ·

That sounds pretty fucking good. :yesway:

Playing aside, this already seems darker and more mid-focused than the Mini. I absolutely cannot run the presence that high on channel 2. I'm not sure how much of that is the speaker, though, since I've never heard of Filmore before. However, this is pretty close to what I expect a Rectoverb to sound like, so it makes sense. The Mini is more like a Dual.

#48 ·
Agreed, 8 string in general are entirely different instruments. They pretty much require a different writing/playing style. I think 99% of stuff on 8 strings sounds like shit. But of the non Meshuggah playing style I can think offhand of only one record with a more conventional (but still very tech metal) playing style where 8s sounded fitting.

No clue why Mesa thought 90s alt rock riffs on the low F# would be a selling point. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.