Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Whats better than playing just one Mesa at a time?

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·
Well…

:lol:

:asshole:

See less See more
#3 ·
Honestly, after A/B'ing the two, I still vastly prefer the Stiletto. The cleans are FAR better (they actually sound GOOD, and it's not just an "other" channel), and Ch2 is much more versatile. The bass hitting my chest was awesome :lol:, but I suppose I can fix that with a proper 4x12!

#5 ·
I was hoping the Recto would make you pay less attention to the Stiletto :mad:

But seriously do you have both of the Avatar cabs hooked up to the amp or just one? And how gainy can Ch1 get on the Stiletto and can the Stiletto do those shrill metal tones like a Recto?

#8 ·
Stiletto -> bottom 2x12, Eminence Wizards
SRecto -> top 2x12, V30's

Using a Boss DD-3 to split the signal to go into both.

The Stiletto definitely has some balls in its clean channel. You can get some great "crispy" clean tones that overdrive when you hit the guitar hard, and don't break-up at all when you take it easy.

#10 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Leon said:
Honestly, after A/B'ing the two, I still vastly prefer the Stiletto. The cleans are FAR better (they actually sound GOOD, and it's not just an "other" channel), and Ch2 is much more versatile. The bass hitting my chest was awesome :lol:, but I suppose I can fix that with a proper 4x12!
You'll never get that bass thump out of a Stiletto. It's just not its thing, its more grind than chug. Plus, nothing has the low end of a Recto. They pair GREAT together, don't they? :D

#12 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

You'll never get that bass thump out of a Stiletto. It's just not its thing, its more grind than chug. Plus, nothing has the low end of a Recto. They pair GREAT together, don't they? :D
I dunno man you ever play one of the V2/T2 Randalls those things have insane base at like 1/4 the way up on the bass knob lol. Haven't played a recto in years so can't compare though.

Anyway that's a fancy pantsy rig you got there Leon.

#14 ·
haven't played a stiletto yet. I remember thinking how fashionable they looked when they were first introduced. I can do the 2 amp thing... sort of. :smoking: I bet the 'warm tube amp' smell is pretty strong in your room, leon.

so I take it the stiletto has el34 tubes? I can imagine how it would compliment the recto. :yesway:

#18 ·
Just got done jamming around with my Stiletto and DC-10 together.

I'm waiting for the tubes in the DC-10 to cool, so I can pop two of the 6L6's into the SR50, to see if the sheer awesomeness of the Stiletto+DC10 can somehow be matched :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.