Anyway, I ordered a Bugera 2x12 cabinet, which has these specs:
- 140 Watts of explosive power handling
- Original 2 x 12'' BUGERA Vintage Guitar Series speakers
- Versatile 4/16-Ohm mono or 2 x 70-Watt, 8-Ohm stereo configuration
- Extremely low-resonance and low-vibration cabinet
- Reinforced corners and protective vinyl covering
And then I impulsively ordered a QSC GX3 stereo power amplifier. Honestly, I was originally looking at a Rocktron Velocity 100W stereo amp, but I saw this on eBay at a good price and the auction was ending soon, so I jumped on it, not even thinking there might be a problem.
Anyway, here's the specs of that.
- 8 Ohms / both channels driven: 300 Watts
- 8 Ohms / single channel driven: 350 Watts
- 4 Ohms / both channels driven: 425 Watts
- 4 Ohms / single channel driven: 500 Watts
- 2 Ohms / both channels driven: 200 Watts
The set up I'm trying to do is, from the GSP1101's XLR L/R into the GX3 --
From the GX3's 1/4" L/R into the cab.
My question is... Will these two work with each other in that set up? Will the big wattage difference be a problem? Keep in mind, I know pretty much nothing about wattage or amperage.
Any info is greatly appreciated!