Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NLAD - New little amp day

Tags
amp nlad
1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  79 
#1 ·
So I just got this today. Yamaha THR10X. So far it seems like a kickass little amp. Haven't gotten to spend much time with it yet, but it has some great mid to super high gain tones and even a nice clean channel. Haven't gotten to crank it yet but it sounds great at low volume. Has lots of cool features. Like 8 different amp models, built in effects. You can plug it directly into your PC or laptop and it comes with editing software. Built in tuner. Also runs on AC or DC power.

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice! Sounds like I'll have to try that "high gain" version. The standard THR10 was kind of mediocre to my ears.

#6 ·
I didn't know there was a high gain one. :yesway: I really liked the idea of the THR but didn't hear much high gain that I liked. I've been hunting around for a decent practice amp for $300 or so, but I didn't think something like a Cube or Vypyr would cut it because it would be my only amp. I'll look for some clips of this.

edit: Ola to the rescue.

#11 ·
Played one at a local guitar shop, and they are indeed pretty cool. He said, "Yeah man, makes a great practice amp!"

I said, "I have 100w in the basement, no kids, and a wife with a few nerves left." :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.