MB: Jazz 6-string
    Rig: EVH 5150iii 50w

Interesting take on the great modeler debate

2. Thanked by:

ME: Caparisons
    MA: Takamine PTU220 Custom
    MB: Ibanez ATK300
    Rig: Bogner Ecstasy 101A/B

That was actually quite cool. I rate it.

ME: Strat
    Rig: MKV25, Port City OS Wave

He's right. I bought my fractal just to chase LineShit tones. Not because the fractal sounds better(obviously subjective. Kind of), and can just plain outdo the line6 in almost any and every way, but because I'm chasing pod tones. Yup.
    I thought this was just some overopinionated, narrow minded dude poorly trying to patronize all of the people who spent their hard earned money on a subjectively better unit, just to justify using a cheaper unit. How many people choose Line6's over the Axefx because of the sound? How many people chose line6's over AxeFx's because of the cost?
    And I like that band! I've seen them live, they DO sound great. But why shit on something so established and sophisticated? Just to make yourself feel good about using a line6..?

And regarding the Vietnamese menu comment: if you're overwhlemed by an AxeFx. Do what everyone does, put on a 5150, or the Freidman, dial it like an amp, and if you can't get a good sound out of either of those then you should get checked for tinnitus.

Sorry this rustled my jimmies.

And no offense to line6 users. There have been AWESOME tones recorded with them.
    Last edited by Soxfan121292; 04-01-2015 at 06:15 AM.
    ^ probably sarcasm.

ME: RGD2127z/Apex 100
    Rig: Diezel Hagen/Zilla's

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan121292 View Post
    Wall of text
    Your carriage to /7/ awaits.

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

He makes some good points, as far as the number of people using an AxeFX II to sound like older Meshuggah, etc. and admits his own bias (he wants his tones, and his tones are Line6, and also he works for them). It's definitely over the top, since he's clearly trying to sell the product as an endorser and employee. Really, he's just saying he doesn't like the interface of the Fractal units, needs the Variax functionality live (he's constantly changing guitar models and tunings mid-song with his patches), and has no real reason or motivation to change what he's using.

Plus, they sound great live. Both guitarists using nothing but a Variax into an HD500X.

ME: RG 1550
    MA: ROFL
    MB: Dafuq?!
    Rig: Mesa Mark IV, Recto 2x12

Yeah I read this last night when someone posted it on the line 6 Facebook group and all the members were practically high fiving each other with their dicks after a line 6 employee said he preferred line 6 to the axe fx

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: VHT Pittbull + Axe FX II

Line 6 employee writes story about how axe fx is not really better than line 6.

I have had both, returned the line 6 after a few days. Would have loved to only spend 300 instead of 2000 needless to say the axe fx will not be getting returned.

ME: ESP Eclipse VHB
    MA: Cole Clark FL2AC3-BB
    MB: MM Sterling Ray34
    Rig: AFX2/GT800FX/PPC412

The Pods are pretty cool but ive still got my Podxt hooked up and it never gets turned on... guess i like using the inferior AFX2 more just cause?
    Last edited by spilla; 04-01-2015 at 09:29 AM. Reason: words

Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  Decibel Guitars  NumbSkull Audio Production

VigLink badge