I Own One of Dimebag's Amps

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Own One of Dimebag's Amps

I Own One of Dimebag's Amps

Hello folks. 9 years ago I bought an amp from a guy in Arlington, Texas. Long story very short, I have confirmed that this amp belonged to 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott - after trying to get a hold of Vinnie (I went to a concert with the amp in my car and tried to get backstage at the Regency in S.F. when "Hell Yeah" came to town a few years ago) and talking with one of his former guitar techs - Kenneth King (pre-Randall Pantera days)- Kenny replied in an email that confirmed this fact and I have that hard-copy and saved to file. Darrell owned and used this amp together with a Peavey amp. This post is not about authenticating or questioning the 9-year journey I have taken to get information on this amp - I have much of that information posted here: Dimebag Amp? Pantera - Fact or Fiction . . . . | The Gear Page

Since I am not a metal player (classic rock and blues is my trade), I am posting here to get an idea of how much this amp might be worth to people who know about Dimebag (blues guys don't know). Please - don't get into the morality of me selling this. It is worth something and I want to sell it. If I were a diehard metal player, I would never sell it. It would be MY treasure.

I have contacted the Hard Rock Cafe and I am on "hold" as they have expressed an interest to place this in their gear museum. But it has been nearly a year and I want to move on.

I know I may be in for a rash of st** here; I have no posts so antagonists rejoice. I am not trolling or trying to stir up any st**. I just want to get a price. Again - check my TGP post link above for more information and to verify my credibility and 9-year journey about this amp before you pass any judgments.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing your opinions on the value of this amp.

Last edited by metal implant; 06-13-2015 at 03:44 AM.

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

I don't know if other mods will have a problem with this, but I think it's a fair enough question and I don't have any beef with you selling it, either. It's an amp, not Dimebag's immortal soul. But I have moved your thread from the For Sale section, as that did seem like you were trying to sell it here, which isn't allowed for new guys with less than 50 posts.

As for an asking price, I'd start at $1,000,000 and let them barter down.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

That's pretty damn cool!

Pantera is actually mainstream enough that you might be able to get a good price.

ME: Strat
    Rig: MKV25, Port City OS Wave

That thing looks so metal. Good luck selling, bud.
    ^ probably sarcasm.

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

have any of his other amps been listed for sale?
    Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD): www.sparrows613.com

ME: Legra Customs
    MA: Victor Garcia
    MB: Legra Spyder
    Rig: Pittbull CL/Triple Rec

Thing is, we love dimebag

Oh and how.

The man was awesome

But hate his tone.

ME: Schecter Banshee
    Rig: Peavey 5150 II

ME: Schecter Banshee
    Rig: Peavey 5150 II

That's an awesome score, especially being from Dimebag's early days. I imagine he used it regularly, before he had endorsements and more throw away gear. I can't help you out with a price estimate, but here's some items up for auction from their bassist: PANTERA Collectibles & Memorabilia - Store - Backstage Auctions, Inc.