Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NMAD : Mesa Nomad 100, 2.0

Tags
mesa nmad nomad
3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·
New/Modded Amp Day!

I really hate that I didn't get some pre-mod clips, because this thing is soooo much more awesome now. Here is the list of mods I had done...

The Boogie Board • View topic - Nomad Mods - A Visual Reference

Instead of a switch, or just cutting the wire for the NFB mod, my amp guy connected it to the FX Blend knob, which was defunct, from making the loop serial from parallel. I had band practice tonight and ran it at about 80% open.

I need to make some clips later this week!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
:lol:

I don't know if I feel the same way, but from what I've read, people seem to think Mesa tried to cram three amps into these heads, a Fender clean, a Marshall crunch, and a Mark lead. I'd say the clean is definitely Fender, the crunch channel is SUPER punchy but not really Marshally, and the lead channel has *some* Mark qualities. The clean and crunch channels were pretty easy to dial-in, but I'm actually having some issues getting a solid sound out of Ch3. Not that it's a bad sound, it's just VERY close to Ch2, and I'd like it to be a bit more differentiated.

#6 ·
Really? I thought the clean was OK, Ch2 was more or less unusable, and Ch 3 was awesome. Ch 3 Vintage was what I used for lead sounds, and I don't remember my exact settings but maybe a /7/ search might be fruitful. I remember the channel volume knob had a HUGE effect on the tone - I think it got thicker and smoother as I turned it up, at least on a Nomad-45, but this was seven or eight years ago I last owned the thing...

#7 ·
At low volumes, that's how I ran my 45, as well... Ch1, Ch3, and hardly ever Ch2.

But, once I was able to crank the thing to gig levels, Ch2 gets SUPER throaty, and with a good volume control (knob on guitar or pedal), you can get really nice cleans all the way up to solid blues lead tones. It was as if at higher volumes, I never went back to Ch1 or Ch3 :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.