Horizon Devices - Precision Drive (Misha's new company) - Page 3

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Horizon Devices - Precision Drive (Misha's new company)

ME: Aristides 070
    MB: Schecter Diamond Bass
    Rig: Fractal Axe FX II

Well the $250 for the MXR is way better than the $200 something I paid for the protone one. Pedal sounded awesome but the paint was sooo shity. It never left my house and pealed.

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

There's definitely plenty of pedals I'd buy before it based on the features and that demo, but I'd like to try it before I judge it's value.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

I've overpaid for pedals before over voodoo/mystique/intangibles, so I don't think the price is too-too out there. It's definitely marketed at the population of people who bought into he and his bandmate's previous endorsements ($$$), for whatever that's worth.

I have no real use for an OD at the moment but I could potentially be interested in one of these when they his the used market, depending.
    Argbadh - RHLCİ

4. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: JS2000/Warmoth
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SRC6
    Rig: ROV25+V:35->Mesa Cabs

Quote Originally Posted by LucasLeCompte View Post
    Well the $250 for the MXR is way better than the $200 something I paid for the protone one. Pedal sounded awesome but the paint was sooo shity. It never left my house and pealed.
    I'm curious why the MXR will be $250, but even the EVH5150 pedal from MXR is just $200, also with a built-in gate. No one markets like Eddie.
    Disclaimer: I work ultra part-time for a local music gear dealer. And as a male plus-sized model for mankinis.

ME: Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul
    MB: Les Paul
    Rig: Mini Rec

I am pretty sure the price is reasonable for what amounts to a semi-custom MXR pedal. Made in small batches with custom graphics and circuit design, they don't cost as much as a one-off booteek pedal, but these are substantially more than an off-the-rack Custom Badass OD or whatever you'd like to compare to.

Further, if Misha isn't putting at least $20 into his pocket with each one sold, I'm not sure why he's bothering.

The pricing makes sense, and if the style and features appealed to you then you'd possibly be interested. For some of us old boys it doesn't add up.
    Making metal every night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopahmahn View Post
    I am pretty sure the price is reasonable for what amounts to a semi-custom MXR pedal. Made in small batches with custom graphics and circuit design, they don't cost as much as a one-off booteek pedal, but these are substantially more than an off-the-rack Custom Badass OD or whatever you'd like to compare to.

Further, if Misha isn't putting at least $20 into his pocket with each one sold, I'm not sure why he's bothering.

The pricing makes sense, and if the style and features appealed to you then you'd possibly be interested. For some of us old boys it doesn't add up.
    As someone who works for an MXR dealer, I disagree. It's greatly overpriced. MXR's usual limited run custom shop stuff is nowhere near this in price. It's a Hammond enclosure, just like everything else, different knobs, and what's likely a modified circuit with a Smart Gate thrown in. Big deal.

ME: Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul
    MB: Les Paul
    Rig: Mini Rec

I say you're discounting the extra time and effort that goes into making this. Call up MXR and ask how much it would be for a custom combination pedal (2 pedals in one housing) with custom graphics that you supply. I bet more than $250.

It's obviously not groundbreaking technology, it's a tweaked TS clone with a djentgate in front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopahmahn View Post
    I say you're discounting the extra time and effort that goes into making this. Call up MXR and ask how much it would be for a custom combination pedal (2 pedals in one housing) with custom graphics that you supply. I bet more than $250.

It's obviously not groundbreaking technology, it's a tweaked TS clone with a djentgate in front of it.
    If it were a little shop, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But this is MXR. I just don't think it would be as much as you think it would be, and the fact that they're initially selling them for $199, than boosting it so much after the initial run kinda shows that, IMO.

I wonder if shops can order a custom run though. Maybe I'll see how much an overdrive costs that only let's you play King Diamond, Testament, and Iron Maiden.