NCD Mesa 4x12

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCD Mesa 4x12

ME: ESP Eclipse
    Rig: Mesa Dual Rectifier 2ch

NCD Mesa 4x12

I recently got an older Dual Rectumfinder 2ch, and after doing some reading I heard they sound best through a Mesa cab. So I figured what the the hell, may as well try one out.
    And one just happend to pop up for sale locally for dirt cheap so I snatched it up. I ended up paying $525 for the cab which is a little less than half of what everybody else around here is asking.
    I'm not actually sure what modle it is. Pretty sure he said it's a oversized rectocab.

I've got a few hours of playing on the new cab now. I was playing through a Fender MH cab, and I thought that sounded pretty dam good. But I had to satisfy my curiosity.
    The Mesa cab definitely sounds way better for cleans and for mild crunch/rock tones. But for the real heavy rythem stuff I actually like the sound of the Celestion g12k-100 speakers just a little bit better.
    Could be I need to mess around more with settings. It dose sound pretty dam good. But overall I didn't actually notice a huge difference in tone between the two cabs for the heavier tones.

2. Thanked by:

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

For all the Mesa head's I've got, I *still* don't own a Mesa cab

Nice score!

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rectifier

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    For all the Mesa head's I've got, I *still* don't own a Mesa cab

Nice score!
    I have a 1960A Marshall 4x12 and a late 90s Mesa oversized 4x12. The Marshall is the standard for 4x12 cabs and has the same speakers as the Mesa. The Mesa cab absolutely obliterates the sound of the Marshall. It's not even close. If you play a Mesa amp and don't use a Mesa cab, you are honestly missing out on the total hugeness of the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I have a 1960A Marshall 4x12 and a late 90s Mesa oversized 4x12. The Marshall is the standard for 4x12 cabs and has the same speakers as the Mesa. The Mesa cab absolutely obliterates the sound of the Marshall. It's not even close. If you play a Mesa amp and don't use a Mesa cab, you are honestly missing out on the total hugeness of the sound.
    That's basically what I've heard as well. What I was really after was a 2x12 rectocab, but there weren't any used ones for sale anywhere around where I live.

ME: Jackson DXMGT
    MA: Mitchell MX400 BUB
    MB: Fender P Bass
    Rig: Laney IRT Randall RA412XL

Congrats on the new cab man. For a while i was looking for the 212s but the ones here where selling for about the same price as the 412s

Quote Originally Posted by Louis94 View Post
    Congrats on the new cab man. For a while i was looking for the 212s but the ones here where selling for about the same price as the 412s
    Same around here, that's if you can actually find one used. They pop up from time to time, but they always sell fast

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    So, should I find an OS or standard? I sometimes see Stiletto cabs going up for sale, and RK cabs.

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|‹berschall

OS. You won't be disappointed.