The choking thing has gotten intermittent and rare sort of on its own. I'm 99% sure the neck is unfinished, and a bit on the dry side from the feel of it (hell on my fingertips) - can you slather a fretboard in tung oil, too, or should I just do the back and sides, and then lemon oil the maple board?
Anyway, here you are.
EDIT - some review type stuff, adding on from my first thread.
- The neck is actually really comfortable, but it could (IMO) stand to have bigger frets. They feel very close to what are on my UV, which are slightly worn medium's, IIRC.
- If you ignore the fact the pickups are (as you would expect) not really spectacular, it's actually a rather nice sounding guitar, and a nice alternative to the rest of the arsenal.
- The neck feels unfinished - you can sort of feel the grain. It also feels VERY dry - I think it was leeching the natural oils out of my fingertips, which are way more abused today than you would expect from a night of playing. Some of you guys will dig that - personally, I'd rather at least have an oil finish, if not a thicker finish simply for stability's sake (though comfort is a factor here too).
- All in all, the fretwork is quite even. You don't get the sense of artistry when you pick it up you do from one of Mike Sherman's spectacular necks, or Rob @ KxK, or even an unusually good Prestige Ibanez, but it's cleanly executed and there isn't really any high-fret related buzz.
- I've got the truss rod almost entirely slack with the strings it shipped with on (tough to say, 9's I think but I've been playing so much bass lately and it's been so long since I played 9's that they could be 10's), so I'm going to say that in keeping with the vintage vibe, this is a heavy string beast.
- Really, Agile needs to do something about their logo - my roommate Colin had the same first impression I did, that the logo is the only thing that looks cheap on the guitar. Maybe do a chrome decal a la Fender, or inlay pearloid or something? The black silkscreen just doesn't inspire confidence.
- I was really impressed by the clear - almost perfect, something I wasn't expecting in this price point.
I need to spend some more time playing it and finish tweaking it, but so far it's pretty cool.