My little brother has earned this

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My little brother has earned this

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

My little brother has earned this

In 45 minutes, I will be buying my little brother his very own guitar. He doesn't know this, he's 7 hours away lol - he gets it on May 1st when I get home.

I have a guy bringing over a Jay Turser V (looks good), no case (has a box), he said he'll take $125 for it. I gotta run to the bank before he comes, and probably eat dinner too.

yeah, buying a guitar when I should be studying for exams - I'm awesome LOL. I checked out one of his facebook videos of just him playing - his first song sounds better then mine did!

This guitar was supposed to be a birthday present, but the price is right, the guitar looks decent (only has 1 very minor issue), and i dont feel like hiding it between now and mid-june. I just hope it goes over ok - gonna ask my sisters to pitch in as well, what with the bday factor.

Pics when it gets here!
    Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD):

ME: Ibanez RG1302
    Rig: Peavey triple xxx

You're such an awesome older brother.

ME: JP6 / Carvin CS4
    MA: Martin DC-1E
    Rig: Axe-Fx II XL

Very cool of you.

ME: Ibanez M80M
    MA: ukulele
    MB: Ibanez Terra Firma BTB686
    Rig: Custom Built PC

I shoulda done this for my bro years ago, we woulda made a great fuckin' band... we're one of those brother-sets connected by brainwaves. Of course, I probably would have gotten him a sweet Daisy Rock just to be a dick.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner 5
    Rig: Mesa Roadster, Recto 4x12

That's awesome of you, dude.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: KxK BSG7
    Rig: VHT GP3>Axe FX>VHT 2/90/2

You should pay a prostitute to deliver it and make sure it has an even happier ending.

ME: WarmothTele/SE245
    MA: Seagull S12+
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass V
    Rig: Egnater Renegade 65

I'm not sure how you get a hold of them, or who it is, but apparently someone runs a company where you can hire a stripper ape

Literally a guy in an ape costume, in a sexy dress, who then does a strip tease until they're a naked ape

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

aaron, I so have to do that to people!

guys, my brother is 14 turning 15 this year. He's been playing my old squier affinity strat, which I had attemptedly set up on a few occasions. The body is ok on the squier, but the frets just feel hideous - I want to give it a new neck lol.

I was supposed to teach him guitar, I never really did. I've corrected him on form, shown him a couple of chords, and told him to practise certain things. He has a video of somethign he wrote on facebook, and it sounds better then the first song I wrote, by a long shot lol (all his chords work together ). I did buy him a "teach yourself guitar" book, which was the same book I learned on many years ago. I think he used it a bit.

It's kind of atonement, it's kind of apology, but I also think that he deserves something for what he's done on his own. I plan on jamming with him and his friends to see how they do hehe.

Next item: a cheap-as-fuck head that will run a 16ohm cab. He can pay for part of it though, he's old enough to work and used to have a job.

There will be jamming this summer