kxk sii-7
8K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  caughtinamosh 
#1 ·

My small collection of guitars:

My rack:

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Yeah, Warpig (b) and Nailbomb (n).

Alpo, have you switched out the Nailbomb from your Ibby to see if you like it in your KxK yet?
Yep, ceramic Warpig bridge, Nailbomb neck. The Warpig is actually growing on me. It's really tight and crunchy, and the middle position sounds incredible clean. I think I'll just keep it this way.

:yesway: Gorgeous guitar, and having just put in a hardwood floor, whoever did yours did a fuckin' ace job. :yesway:
Thanks! Actually, the floor is a laminate. :lol: Just put it in yesterday with my dad, took like a couple of hours. The old floor was this plastic crap that was probably as old as the house (~60 years).

#14 ·
Those are the first really detailed pics I've seen of this guitar. Holy shit, I'm jealous, the contrast bewteen the dark neck and the maple fretboard is fucking awesome. :metal:

#15 ·
It's an absolutely incredible guitar in every way. :agreed: It looks way nicer than I expected. Kind of hard to photograph, though. I finally managed to get some good pics of it by using an indirect flash to supplement the natural light.

#31 ·
Glad to hear you're liking it, though seeing the pics makes me miss it badly. I see you had to add another bit of foam there too.

As far as the tone goes, that thing's a monster. An absolute beast of a metal rhythm tone, but it cleans up beautifully on either pickup and it has a good lead tone. Maybe a bit brighter than I'd have liked in a lead tone, but definitely livable. The only thing I didn't really like about it was the 27" scale, but I would've kept it if the house move hadn't totally (and I mean TOTALLY) annihilated my finances. Hopefully I'll be in a position to replace it with another KXK soon, same specs as this bar a 25.5" scale and maybe a different colour.

As for the foam issue, yeah it's ugly, but it's cheap and stops notes ringing out if you're doing stop/start rhythms.

#33 ·
I'm absolutely in love with the guitar, it's just amazing. :agreed: I actually prefer the 27" scale. I had no trouble adapting, and everything sounds so clear and punchy. Not to mention it's the most comfortable guitar I've ever played. It makes the 1527 feel really bulky.

Sadly, it's been sitting in it's case for the last few days, since I've got a pretty bad cold and I'm just too tired to do pretty much anything. :(

#35 ·
Clearly, you fail to realize that it is not foam. It is all the contestants that have ever been on American Idol that I flexed at until they shrunk, then compacting them into a dense material suitable for dampening unwanted string vibration. That sort of task would cause a mere mortal to suffer from RFD (Repetitive Flex Disorder). However, I am so true that I can absorb such punishment within my stout, dwarven form, actually flexing at the act of flexing, thus canceling it.

Clearly, you should be greatful to be in a band with one as metal as I, rather than making uneducated comments about our guitars. Get back behind the kit where you belong.

:flex:

#37 ·
I played it for a bit today, and after a few days away from it, I just wasn't digging the Warpig. Mainly the high end seemed a bit brittle, and it sort of reminded me of EMG's (which I'm not a fan of). So I took the Nailbomb from my Ibanez and put that in. Holy shit, what a difference! :evilholy: Tight as anything, beautiful, smooth highs and strong, fat midrange. It has that something I was missing with the Warpig. It also balances much better with the Nailbomb neck (OMG!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.