After about 3 weeks of non-commission use due to work being done for it or parts coming in for it I finally decided to set this up last night.
1) Remove the BKP HD7 (A5) and replace with a ceramic Warpig ()
The HolyDiver was nice but very muddy and not at all tight (for my standards). I guess blame it on the alnico 5 magnet in there. Anyways swapped in the ceramic warpig and now its very very tight. Reminds me of a ds7 but with more output, more dynamic range, more presence and just overall better tone. The C-Pig sounds so nice recorded as well (still have to do some more).
2) Fill in the controls with 2V, 2T, 3 mini-toggles.
I got the pots from Max but unfortunately they are too stumpy and short for the carvin (fuck) so I'm without a volume/tone at the moment. The two grouped mini-toggles are for coil taps (eventually) and the one on its own is a 3 way for my future piezo install.
3) Sand neck to wood and then use boiled linseed oil (gunstock oil) oil it up. This took the longest. I oiled it once left it to dry for 8hrs or so then took some 400, 1000, 1500, 2000 to it before doing another coat. Now it's silky smooth and I think it plays a lot faster than before. Also visually its got this attraction to it.
1) Automotive Scratch remover. There are a ton of surface scratches on the surface (clear) and I want to remove them.
2) Give that ebony fretboard a nice cleaning and conditioning with my upcoming Dunlop Cleaning gear.
3) Clean the SS frets as I've not done it in a while.
Anyways onto the pics.