NGD (custom content)

Heavy Metal Guitar   

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NGD (custom content)

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

NGD (custom content)

Some of you have known about this project, other's won't. So, a little history for those "in the dark":

I bought a UV777PBK from Chris9 over at about 18months ago, but he'd swapped the neck for an RG7621 neck and blocked the trem. Still, it was a decent price and I took a gamble. I managed to find a NOS UV777PBK neck at Ibanezrules at a reasonable price (the exchange rate was good then), so I bagged it and returned the UV to stock. All good, except it was astonishingly bright, much brighter than the UV7PWH I had as my main player at the time. So, off to Ebay it went and ended up selling at a nice profit So, having a spare RG7621 neck and a large wad of cash sitting around I did what any sensible man would do and comissioned a custom body from DM Guitars. He's ghost built for Burns and currently ghost builds JJ guitars, plus he'd refinished a guitar for Chris De Burgh, so I figured he'd be good. And he was local to me at the time too

Fast forward to the start of this year and due to his shop move, loosing my number and a few cash-flow issues related to being made redundant, I finally get the guitar in my hands in March. I'd left the pickups, bridge & neck with him for ensure a perfect fit, plus it was his first 7 string build. As well as making the body he'd atached the neck & drilled the bridge mounting holes for accuracy.

Add on some procrastinating and a house move and I finally got onto the build up this week. So, what is this mystery beast? It's a modern take on a Tele body (I wanted to beat everyone to a Tele 7, then the Agiles came along ), with the body contours of a Strat so it's nice & comfy to play

Natural finished swamp ash body
    RG7621 neck
    Bare Knuckle Nailbomb bridge & Cold Sweat neck pickups, both Alnico magnets
    Allparts 7 string singlecoil middle pickup
    5-way switch, vol & tone
    Mini switches for neck pickup pahse reversal and master killswitch

I've still got to finish setting it up, but it already sounds absolutely amazing. Possibly better than my KXK, so I might have to get some BKP's for that soon. I've also still got to drill for the straplocks, hence the masking tape on the body sides.

Anyway, enough prattle, pics! (the green switch tip is only there as none of my black tips fit)

And since I had the green switch tip on there and the green knobs still kicking around from my old RG7321:

I'll post some better pics once I've got a black switch tip, fitted the strap buttons and set it up.
    I'm so metal I shit bats

My band > WALK IN COMA

ME: Elysian Custom
    Rig: Bias Desktop

that's a pretty sick TeleStrat bro.
    I play Suhrs, not poor people guitars. -Chris

ME: Decibel Javelin
    MA: Ibanez AJ307CE
    MB: Fretless Precision mutt
    Rig: Mesa F-30

Nice! Pics of the back?

I don't mind the green knobs and switch tip if you did like a green-to-natural burst (aka LizardBurst)

ME: 1 of 2
    MA: "Smokey"
    Rig: Peavey XXX

That's sexy.

ME: LTD SC600 / UV7BK
    Rig: JMP-1>VHT 2/90/2>Zilla's

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    Nice! Pics of the back?

I don't mind the green knobs and switch tip if you did like a green-to-natural burst (aka LizardBurst)
    Ask and ye shall receive:

This shot shows up the only flaws on the guitar. The spacing of the D & G string ferrules is a bit off (visually annoying, but not really a big deal) and the heel is rather blocky. That's my fault though, I just assumed he'd be familar with an AANJ-style heel. Lesson learnt for the future, be very specific with the details.

I'll be sticking with the black knobs, just need to find a black switch tip.

ME: PRS Custom 22
    Rig: JCM800

fun stuff!
    Sparrows (Space Punk, LOUD):

Can't wait to play this

ME: ESP Maverick
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Orange

Wow, that's pretty cool!
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club