Metal Guitarist Forums banner

John Suhr seven string guitars

7K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  playstopause 
#1 ·
It looks like Suhr will be building sevens because he just joined ss.org to promote them.

Suhr 7 string

#8 ·
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Josh said:
[action=Josh]is holding out for an Aldrich seven-string pickup.[/action]
Fucking seriously!!!!

#14 ·
Someone told me that the Suhr Moderns are outselling his more 'traditional' designs, so I'm not surprised he's going that route.

Also, he chose the 27" scale because he didn't like the feel of a normal low B on a 25.5" scale guitar that his son gave him to try out.

#16 ·
Andersons are so ....average though. They're nice but not OMG!!! nice or anything. Like a generic J Custom. Nice to see all three of the old Schecter guys now building 7's, but I'm really just curious to see how they turn out. Neither the Suhr or the Anderson really excites me at this point.

#23 ·
According to Matt's Music, they're now accepting orders for the Suhr Modern 7.

You're not gonna like the "but", though...

"We can now take orders for the Modern 7-String that was introduced at NAMM but [highlight]the bridge choice is still limited to the Floyd Rose Original 7-String and the EMG pickups[/highlight]. The base price is the same as any other Custom model. John is working on a 7-string version of the Aldrich pickups and looking at other bridge options but it may still be a little while (several months) before other options for the bridges and pickups are finalized".
Matt's original post over at ss.org.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.