I was about to put a new (non-piezo) jack in, and noticed something extremely strange. The output of my piezo is 1000% hotter than the blackouts. Here's what happens:
(There's probably a proper term for the "blend jack" but whatever)
Piezo jack + piezo: Working perfectly, piezo sounds great
Blend jack + piezo only: Working perfectly, piezo sounds great
Blend jack + switch on blend: Piezo hot has hell, blackouts are on (I can hear them if I tap the pick on them) but not doing much.
Blend black + switch to 100% blackouts: Output is crazy low.
Additionally, the bottom knob (which I believe is the tone pot for the pickups) doesn't seem to do anything at all, in any setting.
So it looks like the jack itself is fine, since it's picking up both the piezo and and the blackouts, but for some reason I have to turn my amp up a shit-ton louder to get the same volume from the blackouts, and even then the full signal is definitely not getting to my amp.
Here's a vid, I dialed in the most ridiculously high gain tone I could to give an example. When I switch from straight piezo to the blackouts, you can hear the monster difference in gain. I'm (obviously) not changing the patch. This is a new problem - it didn't do this when I got it.
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpDyi_IydCQ]YouTube - What's up with my wiring?[/VIDEO]
I'm not sure what the failing part of the equation is. Is the bottom pot NOT the tone for the pickups? Even so, it should be doing something, and I'm assuming it has to be bad.
Is there an extra battery for the blackouts? or is it using the piezo battery? could there be a wiring issue where the piezo is getting 18 volts instead of 9?