Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Suhr Aldrich pickups

8K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  105 
#1 ·
So, I've spent a few days with the pickups now, and they're pretty awesome.

When I read a description of the Duncan JB, this is the sound I hear in my head. It has all the good qualities that I read about the JB - warm, articulate, smooth, and (unlike the JB) it actually sounds good to me. To my ears, it sounds a lot like a JB with all the wool removed from the low mids.

In short, they rock. :metal:

#4 ·
Yes, they are 4 conductor and can be split. They sound fing delicious that way too, as they are hot pickups that dont really sound like hot pickups.

Imagine all of the goodness of meaty ouput pickups without the suck, thats it.

I have these pickups in 5 guitars now, to give you an idea of my feeling on them. They have replaced the JB as my "go to" 6 string pickup.

#7 ·
There was still some "wool" on those, however, a lot of people like that wool, just not me. Also, these are in a maple set neck, mahogany body, maple top guitar, so who knows, maybe I'd like a JB in these?*

*Note: I would never admit that if it was the case

#20 ·
I have the neck pickup in my soloist. It's fine but nothing at all special. It does coil tap nicely. I got mine on eBay for $50, so for that price it was worth it. For $100 new, I think I'd look elsewhere.

I've got another guitar that's getting an Aldrich bridge, but it's getting a BKP Cold Sweat neck. It'll be several weeks before that's done, so I can't comment yet on if it works or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.